VIP/Meet&Greet

Iblinkfor182Always

Just now, Ry-Bread said:

I enjoy Poet and his other stuff as well, so nice to have another fan of these on the boards! He said he was stoned in Paris looking out his hotel window and pictured a little Peter Pan guy jumping across the buildings, which inspired his Poet character lol! 

That's very accurate to what he told me no joke lol!!! I'm telling you, and he's so animated when he talks. I can never get enough from him! plus the poet comics aren't too shabby either!

3 minutes ago, WolfUgly said:

plus the poet comics aren't too shabby either!

Yeah they are rad, I have all variants and 2 out of the 3 signed. (Been looking for #3 signed for 5 years lol). He had the live action version casted, not sure if it's still in the works or what... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ry-Bread said:

Yeah they are rad, I have all variants and 2 out of the 3 signed. (Been looking for #3 signed for 5 years lol). He had the live action version casted, not sure if it's still in the works or what... 

I believe so I mean it may be on hold especially with all the advancements To The Stars is currently making. However I believe we'll still get something from a live action version! but i'm more excited about the doc peter mckinnon is working on because I was able to see three show on this last tour and I know he's going to do a phenomenal job on this!

2 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

I enjoy Poet and his other stuff as well, so nice to have another fan of these on the boards! He said he was stoned in Paris looking out his hotel window and pictured a little Peter Pan guy jumping across the buildings, which inspired his Poet character lol! 

I recall this vision was further back in the Blink days?

Is there an article where he specifically tells this story?

• 3 weeks later...

I met blink at VIP in 2017. It cost a LOT of money but it was worth it. I was an arms reach from Skiba in sound check and (although I was told not to) I asked them to sign my blink sleeve which they were happy to do.  One day I hope to meet Tom so that he can sign it. 

Before meeting them it's quite stressful,  there are security everywhere,  lots of do's and don'ts, checking and emptying your pockets, very long waits in queues etc. Its like your meeting the queen. 

• Like 2

Anyone get some interesting answers to questions u asked the guys?

In summer 2019 i asked Travis who he'd pick out of Mcgregor vs Nate Diaz III (when/if it ever happens)... and he said he likes both guys, and then chose Nate "cuz he's my boy, and ive blazed with him" lol

• Like 1

On 2/18/2020 at 11:59 PM, Scrubber89 said:

I met blink at VIP in 2017. It cost a LOT of money but it was worth it. I was an arms reach from Skiba in sound check and (although I was told not to) I asked them to sign my blink sleeve which they were happy to do.  One day I hope to meet Tom so that he can sign it. 

Before meeting them it's quite stressful,  there are security everywhere,  lots of do's and don'ts, checking and emptying your pockets, very long waits in queues etc. Its like your meeting the queen. 

That is so true. At my first VIP I had to be there by Noon. Left about Midnight with all the waiting around and of course concert. My VIP group had 10 people and we got to hang out with them in their dressing room for awhile. I've got videos of them talking with me. Lol. It cost $471.00 and it was worth it. I'd pay that again anytime.

• 1 month later...

After last summer’s VIP, I decided I’ll be meeting them every time they’re around during VIP. Not sure how much longer they’ll be doing this so I want to make the best of it. 

Last summer was the EOTS 20th anniversary tour. Saw them twice and had VIP for one of them. I had asked on Twitter previously if Mark would sign my broken big bunny ear and he said yes. When I brought it there with a sharpie, the check in lady was super skeptical but I had printed out the tweet and everything. Right after they finished sound check, I ran up to mark and asked and he happily did it. He handed it off to Travis and Matt as well. 

Then this most recent AVA tour I had VIP. SoundRink is the company that ran it and I’ve had trouble with them in the past with VIP for other bands. I had asked SoundRink about signatures via email leading up to it and they had said “yes”. At the check in, the lady was screaming “NO AUTOGRAPHS”. I had the bunny ear with me in my bag and snuck a sharpie in my shoe. Snuck it up to the picture with them and asked Tom to sign it. Thankfully. 

• Like 2