blink-182 Song Election - Enema of the State

yodda

Family Reunion is shit (piss, fuck, cunt, cocksucker, motherfucket, tits, fart, turd and twat) out of luck.
14th place

Here are the remaining songs from the Enema of the State era:

Dumpweed
Don't Leave Me
Aliens Exist
Going Away to College
What's My Age Again?
Dysentery Gary
Adam's Song
All the Small Things
The Party Song
Mutt
Wendy Clear
Anthem
Man Overboard

There really is no obvious choice here...
Don't Leave Me - never liked that "one more time with feeling" bridge

48 minutes ago, Toxic Toast said:

Wendy Clear. Not a bad song by any means, but it always was the least relatable one to teenage me - never knew someone who owned a boat.

... I'm pretty sure it's metaphorical, just about getting away from it all?

11 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

Don't leave me.

I'm honestly freaking out. Wendy Clear is top 3 Enema and about Skye. How can you guys vote it this early? The only reason I saw blink w/Skiba at riotfest was to hear this tune live.

I thought this was about an MCA executive or something. Mark and Skye didn't meet until the ATST video shoot iirc.

Edit: I'm voting for Anthem.

Totally dig Wendy Clear but was never a stand out for me back then, and is still just about the deepest cut on an iconic album.

Mark explained the meaning in an IG live at one point, IIRC someone close to the band’s gf had left them and they had a boat named Wendy Clear.

• Like 1

Wendy Clear is ridiculously catchy and the harmonies are fucking wonderful. I was going to vote for All The Small Things because it's overplayed at this point if you're a fan of the band, but I can't out of respect for that old man who made a video a few years ago explaining why it's such a perfect pop (punk) song and he was right + also because Tom was inspired by the Ramones when he wrote it. Sooo: Going Away To College