Best blink setlist era?

Marik

Best Setlist  

20 members have voted

1. 1. When was blink's best setlist era?

• FuLL Enema 20th anni (2019)
    • Vegas Residency
    • 2012 when they did gems like Boxing Day/All of This/Wasting Time/Give Me One Good Reason/etc
    • FuLL Untitled 10th anni (2013)
    • MTATS
    • Other (pls specify)

I thought of this when i was pondering which full album concert I would have prefered seeing Untitled 10th (2013) VS Enema 20th (2019). Quickly picked some other notables to make a poll out of it. I know some would pick Early Days when they only played CC+DR, but i sense those exact setlists are harder to come by (to know exactly which order what was played)

• Like 1

Yeah, when i was pondering the question i was thinking purely setlist song choices... and not the performance of them (like how '04 the speed was so ridiculously fast). But now i see, its REALLY hard to remove other factors from the equation like Tom vs Matt. For instance, MTATS is ALL about the banter, but setlist wise is lacking for me (compared to what would come later)

04 definitely. That was blink at their best. I still remember watching that bootleg, I think it was at the Apollo maybe, either way pretty well known bootleg where Robert Smith comes out for all of this and boys don’t cry cover. Probably my favourite  show of all time to watch or listen to.

here it is, it was at Wembley:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Russel Coight said:

04 definitely. That was blink at their best. I still remember watching that bootleg, I think it was at the Apollo maybe, either way pretty well known bootleg where Robert Smith comes out for all of this and boys don’t cry cover. Probably my favourite  show of all time to watch or listen to.

here it is, it was at Wembley:

I watched this bootleg so many times back in the day. I'm so sad I never got to see this era of blink in person. Easily my favorite blink era.

As for the poll choices, 2012 was pretty cool with those acoustic songs and deeper cuts. I think I'll vote that one. Untitled anniversary show is basically my dream show though and I'm kicking myself for not traveling to CA to catch one of those shows. I thought it was too irresponsible to travel that far and spend that much money on a concert. I've since traveled to LA for two shows and it makes me sad that I didn't do it for one of the Untitled shows too!

• Like 2

Setlists during the Dude Ranch era, major props to this show in particular (KROQ's Almost Acoustic Christmas).

Pathetic

Voyeur

Dick Lips

Untitled

Dammit 

Depends

M+M's 

Apple Shampoo

Enthused

Honorable mention to this show :

10/10/1998: • The band performs at Button South in Hallandale Beach, Florida.

Pathetic

Peggy Sue

Wendy Clear

Voyeur 

Josie

Family Reunion

Aliens Exist

Untitled

Mutt

The Country Song

Apple Shampoo

Dick Lips

Dumpweed

Dammit

Carousel

Enthused

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Yeah it’d be anything 99-04 for me. I will say the Untitled shows were amazing...getting that album front to back and then getting an encore with Not Now is ridiculous!!! 

So u flew to Cali from the midwest specifically for this show? (Very wise, indeed)

1 hour ago, Diddy Faplord said:

That song always has sucked live huh

It was my favorite blink song for a long time, album version, but it never really hit live.  I remember like waiting around for that AOL session (lol) and being a bit underwhelmed by it.  It's abysmal now with Matt just being honest.  Travis drum solo getting stale too.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Neckbeard_Jan said:

It was my favorite blink song for a long time, album version, but it never really hit live.  I remember like waiting around for that AOL session (lol) and being a bit underwhelmed by it.  It's abysmal now with Matt just being honest.  Travis drum solo getting stale too.

Yea for sure. That AOL sessions sounded pretty bad. Has anyone here watched the Guitar Center Sessions that are on YouTube? I’m sure there are a ton more bands featured on it, but recently I was watching 311, New Found Glory, and Social Distortion on there and they all sound amazing live. If anyone else is familiar with that platform, curious as to what you think blink (with Tom) would have sounded like on there. 

1 minute ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Yea for sure. That AOL sessions sounded pretty bad. Has anyone here watched the Guitar Center Sessions that are on YouTube? I’m sure there are a ton more bands featured on it, but recently I was watching 311, New Found Glory, and Social Distortion on there and they all sound amazing live. If anyone else is familiar with that platform, curious as to what you think blink (with Tom) would have sounded like on there. 

Not sure, last video I saw of Tom with something like that they just had him try to break strings.

• Haha 1

2004 setlist was incredible, for a blink fan. I talked to other musicians that attended these shows and thought they were awful which i get. The guys where so fuxking high and looking back, the tension was tangible. That vibe will never be replicated. And i learned so much from that about music in general, that for me this will always be peak blink.

Not from a technical standpoint, but if you were into the band back then, what you got was really something terrible and beautiful at the same time. I love that. 

Now setlist speaking, they were top game as well with the medley and all of that.

But just judging wich setlist i'd want to see: the set they played in the 201x' with the acoustic set thrown in. That was awesome!