Sign in to follow this  
bojangles

Spanish Love Songs

Anyone a fan of this band? They have a new album coming out February 7th called "Brave Faces Everyone"

In the meantime I highly recommend checking out their album "Schmaltz"

Fuckin love this band, their new album is awesome. 

It took me a while to really get into them, though. Something about their depressing lyrics and the melodies that aren't easily accessible. But if you give their new album, Brave Faces Everyone, multiple listens, I guarantee you'll fall in love with it eventually. Great band for Menzingers fans. 

• Love 1

17 hours ago, Tom Bot said:

Fuckin love this band, their new album is awesome. 

It took me a while to really get into them, though. Something about their depressing lyrics and the melodies that aren't easily accessible. But if you give their new album, Brave Faces Everyone, multiple listens, I guarantee you'll fall in love with it eventually. Great band for Menzingers fans. 

I'm glad you're back Casey! I knew you would have loved this album!

• Like 1

Saw these guys open for The Wonder Years a few weeks ago. Hadn’t heard their stuff before that but really enjoyed their music.

I have been enjoying their album Schmaltz lately. Sounds like a blend of Say Anything and the Menzingers. 

I've been listening to Brave Faces Everyone a fair bit over the past week. I'm enjoying it, but I find a lot of the songs sound super similar.

I was thinking that the only place where I saw grown men in their late 20s - mid 30s crying was at the Spanish Love Songs concert in London in 2018, everyone was wearing Menzingers t-shirts, singing along to every song and crying.

• Haha 1

On 6/8/2020 at 10:08 AM, Patient #48273 said:

I've been listening to Brave Faces Everyone a fair bit over the past week. I'm enjoying it, but I find a lot of the songs sound super similar.

I'm still enjoying this album and I'm not nearly as bothered by the above complaint anymore. I mean, some of the intros (Self-Destruction and Brave Faces, Everyone... also Kick, but to a lesser extent) are very similar, but it's so good otherwise, I'm over it.