Jump to content
 
Jan's Plan

Loudewire Top 50 Pop Punk Albums

Recommended Posts

it is a list all right. 

honestly some of those records are kinda sloppy and only about half good. i wouldn't even call AAR pop punk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They put 'Duh' from Lagwagon but that is easily their worst album. It should have been Hoss, as it's basically their greatest. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like saves the day was rated way too high on that list. And yes Jan, obviously American Idiot was on the list smh 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This list is one of the worst lists I've ever seen. Aside from blink, Green Day, JEW and a few others, all these bands are utter trash IMO.

  • Wow 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

This list is one of the worst lists I've ever seen. Aside from blink, Green Day, JEW and a few others, all these bands are utter trash IMO.

 

17 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

This list is one of the worst lists I've ever seen. Aside from blink, Green Day, JEW and a few others, all these bands are utter trash IMO.

Bouncing Souls are the shit 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

This list is one of the worst lists I've ever seen. Aside from blink, Green Day, JEW and a few others, all these bands are utter trash IMO.

You're out of your mind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Skiba’s in great shape said:

I feel like saves the day was rated way too high on that list. And yes Jan, obviously American Idiot was on the list smh 

Which is a stray from Pop Punk, like Untitled was my point.  Both should be on there, both were massive.

Also, I know they didn't want to be bias to include every Green Day album...but Warning, Nimrod, Insomniac all basically bigger than anything by most these bands 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

American idiot is closer to pop punk than untitled but deja Entendu made the list which is a step further away from pop punk then untitled is, so yeah untitled should be on there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Just Jan_ said:

Which is a stray from Pop Punk, like Untitled was my point.  Both should be on there, both were massive.

Also, I know they didn't want to be bias to include every Green Day album...but Warning, Nimrod, Insomniac all basically bigger than anything by most these bands 

They’re both still very much pop punk albums 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

American idiot is closer to pop punk than untitled but deja Entendu made the list which is a step further away from pop punk then untitled is, so yeah untitled should be on there.

Think blink, NFG, Green Day were the only three artists with two albums on that list so it’s pretty fair. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Skiba’s in great shape said:

Think blink, NFG, Green Day were the only three artists with two albums on that list so it’s pretty fair. 

I don’t think that’s fair tbh. If 3 bands have albums good enough to make up a 1/4 of your list then they deserve to be there. Otherwise it’s not a top 50 of pop punk albums and just their favourite 50 ranked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

I don’t think that’s fair tbh. If 3 bands have albums good enough to make up a 1/4 of your list then they deserve to be there. Otherwise it’s not a top 50 of pop punk albums and just their favourite 50 ranked.

Honestly I don’t feel untitled even belongs on the list. I’m ready to get slammed for that but that’s what I believe. It did not inspire nearly as many people as Enema and TOYPAJ did, no matter how beloved it is amongst hardcore blink fans. 
 

side note, I guess blink had 3 albums on the list because they included Dude Ranch as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Skiba’s in great shape said:

Honestly I don’t feel untitled even belongs on the list. I’m ready to get slammed for that but that’s what I believe. It did not inspire nearly as many people as Enema and TOYPAJ did, no matter how beloved it is amongst hardcore blink fans. 
 

side note, I guess blink had 3 albums on the list because they included Dude Ranch as well. 

I’d put untitled on there over toypaj tbh. Dude ranch, enema and untitled are the trifecta of perfection.

also this it’s obvious a lot of care was put into this list....

C6-EE712-E-CCAB-484-E-BE83-702-EB2-DE0-A
the fucking album cover is right there with the title on it and you still get it wrong.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Russel Coight said:

I’d put untitled on there over toypaj tbh. Dude ranch, enema and untitled are the trifecta of perfection.

also this it’s obvious a lot of care was put into this list....

C6-EE712-E-CCAB-484-E-BE83-702-EB2-DE0-A
the fucking album cover is right there with the title on it and you still get it wrong.

Lol I didn’t notice that and I read that whole thing too

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I don't view the smiley face as a pop punk record. The only pop punk songs on there IMO are Feeling This and Not Now (if you count the UK edition). If Brand New's Deja Entendu (which is an amazing record) is on there then the smiley face album has to be on there. Most of those pop punk bands don't have albums I don't like.

When it comes to bands like Fall Out Boy, Simple Plan, Good Charlotte etc I only like 1-2 songs from each band. If Descendents are on there, then Ramones should be on there. Ramones are just as pop punk as they are IMO. Rancid and the Offspring should also be on there too. There's also bands I've never even heard of on the list. Surprised the Gaslight Anthem's 59 Sound isn't on there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Skiba’s in great shape said:

Honestly I don’t feel untitled even belongs on the list. I’m ready to get slammed for that but that’s what I believe. It did not inspire nearly as many people as Enema and TOYPAJ did, no matter how beloved it is amongst hardcore blink fans. 
 

side note, I guess blink had 3 albums on the list because they included Dude Ranch as well. 

It might not have inspired as much because they were already established, but it was influential to a lot and the whole emo phase (hate it or love it) Sith I miss you. 

Regardless of all that, Feeling This and I Miss You were bigger themselves than most of these albums on the list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Just Jan_ said:

It might not have inspired as much because they were already established, but it was influential to a lot and the whole emo phase (hate it or love it) Sith I miss you. 

Regardless of all that, Feeling This and I Miss You were bigger themselves than most of these albums on the list.

I don’t know about that chief. Especially for feeling this 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...