Loudewire Top 50 Pop Punk Albums

Jan Backing Track

17 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

This list is one of the worst lists I've ever seen. Aside from blink, Green Day, JEW and a few others, all these bands are utter trash IMO.

17 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

This list is one of the worst lists I've ever seen. Aside from blink, Green Day, JEW and a few others, all these bands are utter trash IMO.

Bouncing Souls are the shit 

1 hour ago, Skiba’s in great shape said:

I feel like saves the day was rated way too high on that list. And yes Jan, obviously American Idiot was on the list smh 

Which is a stray from Pop Punk, like Untitled was my point.  Both should be on there, both were massive.

Also, I know they didn't want to be bias to include every Green Day album...but Warning, Nimrod, Insomniac all basically bigger than anything by most these bands 

47 minutes ago, Just Jan_ said:

Which is a stray from Pop Punk, like Untitled was my point.  Both should be on there, both were massive.

Also, I know they didn't want to be bias to include every Green Day album...but Warning, Nimrod, Insomniac all basically bigger than anything by most these bands 

They’re both still very much pop punk albums 

13 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

American idiot is closer to pop punk than untitled but deja Entendu made the list which is a step further away from pop punk then untitled is, so yeah untitled should be on there.

Think blink, NFG, Green Day were the only three artists with two albums on that list so it’s pretty fair. 

7 minutes ago, Skiba’s in great shape said:

Think blink, NFG, Green Day were the only three artists with two albums on that list so it’s pretty fair. 

I don’t think that’s fair tbh. If 3 bands have albums good enough to make up a 1/4 of your list then they deserve to be there. Otherwise it’s not a top 50 of pop punk albums and just their favourite 50 ranked.

7 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

I don’t think that’s fair tbh. If 3 bands have albums good enough to make up a 1/4 of your list then they deserve to be there. Otherwise it’s not a top 50 of pop punk albums and just their favourite 50 ranked.

Honestly I don’t feel untitled even belongs on the list. I’m ready to get slammed for that but that’s what I believe. It did not inspire nearly as many people as Enema and TOYPAJ did, no matter how beloved it is amongst hardcore blink fans. 

side note, I guess blink had 3 albums on the list because they included Dude Ranch as well. 

7 minutes ago, Skiba’s in great shape said:

Honestly I don’t feel untitled even belongs on the list. I’m ready to get slammed for that but that’s what I believe. It did not inspire nearly as many people as Enema and TOYPAJ did, no matter how beloved it is amongst hardcore blink fans. 

side note, I guess blink had 3 albums on the list because they included Dude Ranch as well. 

I’d put untitled on there over toypaj tbh. Dude ranch, enema and untitled are the trifecta of perfection.

also this it’s obvious a lot of care was put into this list....

C6-EE712-E-CCAB-484-E-BE83-702-EB2-DE0-A
the fucking album cover is right there with the title on it and you still get it wrong.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Russel Coight said:

I’d put untitled on there over toypaj tbh. Dude ranch, enema and untitled are the trifecta of perfection.

also this it’s obvious a lot of care was put into this list....

C6-EE712-E-CCAB-484-E-BE83-702-EB2-DE0-A
the fucking album cover is right there with the title on it and you still get it wrong.

Lol I didn’t notice that and I read that whole thing too

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't view the smiley face as a pop punk record. The only pop punk songs on there IMO are Feeling This and Not Now (if you count the UK edition). If Brand New's Deja Entendu (which is an amazing record) is on there then the smiley face album has to be on there. Most of those pop punk bands don't have albums I don't like.

When it comes to bands like Fall Out Boy, Simple Plan, Good Charlotte etc I only like 1-2 songs from each band. If Descendents are on there, then Ramones should be on there. Ramones are just as pop punk as they are IMO. Rancid and the Offspring should also be on there too. There's also bands I've never even heard of on the list. Surprised the Gaslight Anthem's 59 Sound isn't on there.

3 hours ago, Skiba’s in great shape said:

It might not have inspired as much because they were already established, but it was influential to a lot and the whole emo phase (hate it or love it) Sith I miss you. 

Regardless of all that, Feeling This and I Miss You were bigger themselves than most of these albums on the list.

48 minutes ago, Just Jan_ said:

It might not have inspired as much because they were already established, but it was influential to a lot and the whole emo phase (hate it or love it) Sith I miss you. 

Regardless of all that, Feeling This and I Miss You were bigger themselves than most of these albums on the list.

I don’t know about that chief. Especially for feeling this