Ry-Bread

2020 Tour Thread

10 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Getting old sucks. Festivals get announced over here and I know none of the bands/artists.

Lol yup, was looking at the Bunbury lineup to potentially catch AVA halfway close and don’t know hardly anyone other than 21 Pilots. Meanwhile my wife was rattling off 10+ she loved on there that I had never heard of. (Probably because she listens to radio garbage and I don’t) 

• Like 1

Another festival date.... Bummed it appears that's all they're doing this year and not a legit arena tour that nine deserves. 

7 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Wondering how Corona will effect these dates, especially since these are all large festivals... 

Maybe you already know of this, but last night I saw on twitter that Jack's school has a podcast, they had Mark on it the other day and he said they are going to add a few more solo dates to promote Nine in the US. I haven't listened to it though. https://supporting-cast.blubrry.net/2020/03/10/mark-hoppus-of-blink-182-tsc010/ 

• Like 1

@Elisa yup I shared it on our Twitter with that exact quote as that caught my attention as well! It's a great listen, also, he pronounces it "Chesh-ur" on that, despite telling us directly it is pronounced "Chesh-IRE" lol!

• Like 1

On 3/12/2020 at 11:10 AM, Ry-Bread said:

@Elisa yup I shared it on our Twitter with that exact quote as that caught my attention as well! It's a great listen, also, he pronounces it "Chesh-ur" on that, despite telling us directly it is pronounced "Chesh-IRE" lol!

I think he might have just been commenting on the CH vs. SH part of the pronunciation and, maybe because he lived in the UK for a bit, he didn't think about the ambiguity of the IRE part.

Wow blink tour with Used confirmed, just dunno if it'll happen at this point... (He mentioned Aragon Ballroom too, which is a smaller venue!)

I want to point out that Summerfest isn't cancelled, it's postponed to September.  And I'm not seeing word that blink isn't going to play the rescheduled date.  They're still on the artist page listed as TBA for time (like all other artists): https://www.summerfest.com/lineup/

• Like 2

Another one bites the dust.

Just got the official email that London festival July 16 is cancelled.

But interestingly, it specifically says that both Blink and Simple Plan are still returning next year on July 15 2021.

So first date of 2021 announced! (Haha, we'll see if this happens.....) 

20 hours ago, Marik said:

Another one bites the dust.

Just got the official email that London festival July 16 is cancelled.

But interestingly, it specifically says that both Blink and Simple Plan are still returning next year on July 15 2021.

So first date of 2021 announced! (Haha, we'll see if this happens.....) 

The festival in Ottawa has also been cancelled but blink is scheduled to return in July 2021.

Alk3 tour officially cancelled... Large shows this year will be toast IMO. I spoke with a concert promoter yesterday who said best case they are hoping to have gigs for 500 folks or less. (Not affiliated with blink, just his clients in general.)

8 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Alk3 tour officially cancelled... Large shows this year will be toast IMO. I spoke with a concert promoter yesterday who said best case they are hoping to have gigs for 500 folks or less. (Not affiliated with blink, just his clients in general.)

I don’t there’s a chance that happens in 2020. Small shows are arguably worse. I think live shows of any kind are toast til 2021. Everyone is packed in liked sardines at small shows and sweat a lot. Even if they do try to put on shows, I don’t think people will want to attend for quite some time (I’m sure this varies by state, but surely not in major cities). 

Time for drive-in concerts, if it’s allowed for churches, it should be allowed for blink. Here is me during “First Time”:

BF258-C30-6147-4521-8-D43-575225-CE3797.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/29/2020 at 6:41 PM, Ry-Bread said:

Time for drive-in concerts, if it’s allowed for churches, it should be allowed for blink. Here is me during “First Time”:

BF258-C30-6147-4521-8-D43-575225-CE3797.

Now I Love that idea! I'm on board.

On 4/29/2020 at 8:24 PM, NotNow said:

I don’t there’s a chance that happens in 2020. Small shows are arguably worse. I think live shows of any kind are toast til 2021. Everyone is packed in liked sardines at small shows and sweat a lot. Even if they do try to put on shows, I don’t think people will want to attend for quite some time (I’m sure this varies by state, but surely not in major cities). 

Teenage Bottlerocket just rescheduled in Chicago for July 4th. I have the meet n greet so I want to go but not sure about the actual show. It will probably be under 500 people though. We'll see if the new date is canceled in a few months. I'm a little nervous but my part-time job is essential so I'm possibly exposing myself to the virus 3-4 times a week anyways so we'll see.

But I can definitely see stadium shows being over until 2021.