182 News Podcast

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yo! I decided to launch a blink-182 podcast and have been working hard the past few weeks to figure out how the hell to do it. The name I came up with is "182 News" and I hope it will be a great sourc

Just finished interviewing Mr Tsurt, thought it would be 30 minutes and we went 2 hours. AMAZING stuff in here, cannot wait for you guys to hear it!

Sneak peek:  

Posted Images

Cool stuff. Will check it out. 

I have some knowledge of Podcasts because of my work. If you need anything, don’t hesitate to post or write a pm. 

I have also uploaded podcasts to several platforms before. The first upload takes a few days. Later episodes are going faster. 

Are you using a third party host or doing it directly?

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Yo! I decided to launch a blink-182 podcast and have been working hard the past few weeks to figure out how the hell to do it. The name I came up with is "182 News" and I hope it will be a great source of blink-182 and related side band news for the community. I bounced around making it based on the board, but for various reasons (namely you can't use the word "blink-182" in the title, and the equipment cost me a lot of money) ultimately felt I needed the freedom to do my own thing, on my own schedule. But, I am totally pointing all traffic here, to our social media, and also hope to have board members on, feature board discussions etc.!!!! 

Anyway, I just finished my first episode and am so stoked. I've submitted for iTunes/Spotify approval (which can take weeks), but wanted to post a direct link incase anyone wants to listen. I'm going to keep this thread as a running episode tracker, and point people here for discussions, questions, recommendations, feedback, etc. Appreciate anyone checking it out, hopefully this link works (below cover art):

182-News-Graphic-v2.jpg

Episode 1 - "The First Time"
Buzzsprout Link
Spotify Link

Nice dude! I'll check out today. As someone who as done podcasts itunes/google play approval usually only takes a couple of days to get through just an FYI. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Speedo said:

@Ry-Bread I just finished the first episode. I was impressed on how well done it was, great fucking job, man! I'm looking forward to hearing more! 

Appreciate that man, means a lot coming from you because I know you will not hesitate to shit on it if necessary LOL. It's def more difficult that I thought it would be and there's already stuff I've noticed that I need to improve on, but we'll see how it goes! There's a few other blink pods out there that I enjoy, but I just honestly feel like I can provide so much more content consistently and am excited to dive in.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Yes! I agree with Speedo. It was fucking great, and both really interesting and entertaining. Those 49 minutes have flown by, plus the whole blink world is so big you'll never run out of things to talk about, keep it up! 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Ry-Bread said:

Appreciate that man, means a lot coming from you because I know you will not hesitate to shit on it if necessary LOL. It's def more difficult that I thought it would be and there's already stuff I've noticed that I need to improve on, but we'll see how it goes! There's a few other blink pods out there that I enjoy, but I just honestly feel like I can provide so much more content consistently and am excited to dive in.

I do enjoy some good ol' fashioned shit-talking! 

Honestly, I had been trying to pull of doing a podcast for a while and never could quite get the hang of it. I went into this expecting the same level of amateur as I would have provided and it was the total opposite. You've definitely got o the voice for it and for a first episode you're light-years beyond anything I've ever done so big props for that. I'm really proud of the role you've taken up lately for the board. 

You're always going to hear things you need to improve on and it's good to make mental notes but remember a lot of what you're hearing is not going to be noticed by anyone else and may not be something worth worrying over. Your voice is strong and steady, you enunciate well, the leveling is great and you have a smooth voice for it. The only things I really noticed was a little bit of a dip or spike in your voice where you edited (or maybe you didn't edit and I'm just hearing you adjust your distance to the mic). It sound like it was cut and you came back in a little bit higher or lower volume wise. I think this episode was always going to be hard to organize and structure with you giving an introduction and recapping 3 or 4 different bands and the things they've done (sometimes simultaneously) over the last few years. It was gonna get at least a little hectic but, again, you pulled it off and I think it was well thought out and planned. The future episodes, where you have more time to focus on a single subject, I think, are gonna see you really shine. 

Edit: TOYPAJ uber alles! 

• Like 3

Dude, this is incredible, really good job.. just finished listening on Spotify. You’ve been absolutely crushing it on the social media side and this is a really good addition to that aspect as well as contributing to blink 182 history in general. Honestly I would be really shocked if the guys don’t end up listening to this....I could even see you feature them on it to do interviews. would be really fuckin cool to have boards members on too..... I know id personally love to come on and talk about blink with you as many others on here would. I love that it isn’t about blink 182 online but this is the home base for it and awesome to have posts and topics here to cite as reference point for stuff you say in podcast. 

my only real constructive Criticism is that the spacing on the 182 is off on your logo/cover art. The 8 is closer to the 1 than the 2...obviously nothing crazy but figured I’d point it out since it’s really the only thing I see wrong with the whole thing and my ocd wouldn’t let me not say anything lol. 

really looking forward to more episodes as like you mention it’s kinda hard to follow along All the time with general discussion topic without missing stuff. 

In response to this episode, You’re making me regret not going to the EOTS tour lol. It’s a bummer you never got to see blink live prior to the first split. 

• Like 4

since nobody is offering legit criticism - avoid saying "uh" and "uhm." i turned it off a few minutes in because you said them so many times. you speak clearly and the sound quality is on par for a podcast but you need to nail public speaking to do informative podcasts well. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

since nobody is offering legit criticism - avoid saying "uh" and "uhm." i turned it off a few minutes in because you said them so many times. 

Yeah that’s one of the main things I noticed myself doing and made a conscious effort to try and avoid, which ended up with several re-takes of segments. It got a little better after segment 1, hopefully can improve in E2.

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Yeah that’s one of the main things I noticed myself doing and made a conscious effort to try and avoid, which ended up with several re-takes of segments. It got a little better after segment 1, hopefully can improve in E2.

I didn’t even notice when I listened to the first half this morning so it really wasn’t that jarring. Definitely not “turn it off a few minutes in” jarring that’s for sure.

I’d prefer to have it sound like you’re just having a conversation with the listener as opposed to you just reading a script.

• Like 2