182 News Podcast

@Tombomb yes, the tattoo was shared on our socials.

1 hour ago, Zulu Nineteen said:

Just listening to the new podcast now, once again so good. So interesting.

Thanks and welcome to the boards! Part 2 of the convo with Jeff is even more interesting, we take a super deep dive into the last AVA tour...how it came together, the vibe, Tom's emotional state, new album, etc. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yo! I decided to launch a blink-182 podcast and have been working hard the past few weeks to figure out how the hell to do it. The name I came up with is "182 News" and I hope it will be a great sourc

Soooo Mark asked me when he’s coming on the pod on stream the other day... Trying to think of what to go over, I’m thinking it makes most sense to just start at the beginning?

Just finished interviewing Mr Tsurt, thought it would be 30 minutes and we went 2 hours. AMAZING stuff in here, cannot wait for you guys to hear it!

Posted Images

Yeah see? So I did say Mark, but it was Tom with the tattoo though, right? I mean, does Mark even have tattoos? I'm sounding like a big dumb dork, and it's just gonna get worse... I just realized how cool this is! That was Tom's first tattoo, yeah? His "first tattoo which also happens to be his first cute tattoo". :P That's insane to me, considering he pretty much had that full sleeve by the time I first saw him (I mean, in pics. As if I'd ever get to meet him). Lol anyway...

so much more I wanna say and ask, but I'll just sit here as 

my mouth is filled with blood
From trying not to speak

;) God! Think I love Mark now too! ;)

@prankerd14 thanks!!!! I mean my hope throughout all of my work on our socials/pod is that I am building up trust and relationships in hopes that it leads to cool access for us. If tours were happening I’m pretty confident I’d be able to get something set-up, but in the meantime just gonna continue the grind and hope it pays off someday!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

@prankerd14 thanks!!!! I mean my hope throughout all of my work on our socials/pod is that I am building up trust and relationships in hopes that it leads to cool access for us. If tours were happening I’m pretty confident I’d be able to get something set-up, but in the meantime just gonna continue the grind and hope it pays off someday!

You’re doing God’s work young man. 

• Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ever since lockdown started I hardly go anywhere which means I’m almost never driving, and I used to listen to podcasts mostly in my car so I haven’t really been listening to podcasts much. Anyway I just started playing catch up with this and I’m like 8 episodes behind, but just popping in to say that this podcast still rules and I’m excited to get caught back up!

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

finished the davey saga today. could have kept listening even though it was already hours long.

I gotta say, I thought the podcast was good when it was literally just about news, but it becoming this interview show for all these people's blink stories was a great evolution and it's a really fun listen.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Thanks!!! Yeah I’ve been kinda on the fence of balancing that because 1. There’s not a ton of news rn 2. The interviews have been long so don’t feel the need to talk a ton at the beginning 3. I’d like these interviews to be found for years really so I hate to outdate it terribly with some random news at the beginning...

It’s also a lot easier to just pop the interview in from an editing/my time perspective, so we’ll see how it goes. I just gotta keep finding interesting people to chat with every couple months or so. I don’t want it to become a burden or anything so just rolling with it.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Thanks!!! Yeah I’ve been kinda on the fence of balancing that because 1. There’s not a ton of news rn 2. The interviews have been long so don’t feel the need to talk a ton at the beginning 3. I’d like these interviews to be found for years really so I hate to outdate it terribly with some random news at the beginning...

It’s also a lot easier to just pop the interview in from an editing/my time perspective, so we’ll see how it goes. I just gotta keep finding interesting people to chat with every couple months or so. I don’t want it to become a burden or anything so just rolling with it.

I have a soccer podcast and we keep to three formats, a monthly one with games and news, a match day one which is very time sensitive and interview ones which I aim to keep completely timeless. 

Great effort with the pod, appreciate pulling these fantastic stories together

• Like 1

great podcast session with @veeRob, @Ry-Bread. a couple notes:

- you had to cut it for time, but on my session we talked a bit about the blink-182 mIRC chat channel. i totally remember that rob and anne and mark were on there constantly.

- there appears to be some confusion around CD single and a "single" as in a song sent to radio + video for MTV. "apple shampoo" was a CD single for australia only (april 1997). it was never sent to radio in the US.

only two singles were sent to US radio: "dammit" was first (in advance of the album drop... 91X and KROQ were playing it in may) and "josie" was second. "dick lips" was just a CD single release for collectors (and an opportunity for cargo to press and distribute something rather than MCA).

- cargo's old website... i think i remember it... @veeRob you and CPM dave did like a vintage disneyland theme for it, right?

- i thought the same thing about UL's self-titled album (1998). everyone thought UL would make it huge, but it turned out to be blink instead.

- yes, the classified and agent 51! i used to watch agent practice. it was one of their crew who slipped me an advance copy of the UL album.

- glad we have confirmation that "mutt" and "i won't be home for xmas" were done at the same trombino session. i always suspected it, and knew it was fall 1997, but it's great to have a date now.

- funny about travis' version of mutt. i felt the same way about that fill, what are you trying to diss scott? LOL.

- the movie with kramer is trial and error.

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...
17 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Soooo Mark asked me when he’s coming on the pod on stream the other day...

Trying to think of what to go over, I’m thinking it makes most sense to just start at the beginning?

I would, definitely. Congrats by the way, that's cool! I'm hopeful he opens up about things a bit more and gives a little more insight instead of canned answers.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Soooo Mark asked me when he’s coming on the pod on stream the other day...

Trying to think of what to go over, I’m thinking it makes most sense to just start at the beginning?

This is epic. 

I think an interesting question would be if he was aware of just how big the online presence of the Scott being replaced mystery that was part of the blink lore for so long. It seems obvious now that Scott wasn't going back to school or whatever excuse they said, but it was a huge discussion back in the Enema-TOYPAJ era. Now, in hindsight, it seems like the story is more or less told and Scott's words about it seem to paint it as a pretty cut and dry case of them just wanted to move on without him. In fact I would say it was probably the biggest topic that came up with Blink's post Dude Ranch success (outside of them "selling out", which is kind of quaint to think about) until the band broke up in 2005. I would be curious if he was aware of all of that at all at the time and if he thought they handled it the right way with respect to Scott and the fans. 

Before I write any more, I will let others chime in because I'd wager we all have specific questions that might even overlap. 

• Like 1
  • Crab 1

Wow Ryan this is amazing, congrats and hats off you sir! You are a legend and I can't thank you enough!

I'd really like to hear stories about the Dude Ranch era!

Especially a particular point : we have the date of the first international Blink show in Australia (December 1st 1995), but I wanted to know how he felt playing overseas for the first time in Europe in 1997 where a lot of the audience don't speak English and if the audience reaction was similar to the one that they received in Canada ?

Hearing Mark talk about the European leg of the Warped Tour 1997 would be pretty epic, if he has any cool stories that would be so cool! Especially because he played in my hometown Marseille in the south of France too 😃

Not a question : but @Ry-Bread I don't know if this would be appropriate but you should definitely mention and talk about the Blink timeline to him, I wonder what his reaction would be like to see all the amazing work and effort contributed to the timeline by the amazing members here! ❤️ 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

wow, huge opportunity ry. i think what i’d like to hear is more stories from the earliest days of the band (93 or so), memories of his time in ridgecrest and with of all things, and what it felt like achieving the success he dreamed of. 

topics i’d really love to hear are more insight into the ‘04 implosion, the reunion era’s stifled and awkward image, and working with jerry.

super nerdy stuff would be the existence of the buddha promo (including the song voyeur that is nothing like voyeur). perhaps that song was the one on the DR demo tape that was repurposed into other songs?

• Like 1