182 News Podcast

if it was a conversation it would be less noticeable but it's not a conversation, which is why it's distracting. 

@Ry-Bread

personally, i think the podcast would be more successful with guests as opposed to one guy talking about news. even if that means they would happen less frequently, it would be better. random board members as guests wouldn't cut it. people here have tried that a hundred times and no one cares. 

if you got people with some current or prior relationship with the band to come on and tell stories/answer questions about those early days, it'd be worth listening to. aside from davey, we've had a few other people stop by here with interesting stories. i think ghent even got an interview with one of the kut u up guys once. these would all be good guests. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yo! I decided to launch a blink-182 podcast and have been working hard the past few weeks to figure out how the hell to do it. The name I came up with is "182 News" and I hope it will be a great sourc

Just finished interviewing Mr Tsurt, thought it would be 30 minutes and we went 2 hours. AMAZING stuff in here, cannot wait for you guys to hear it!

Sneak peek:  

Posted Images

8 hours ago, wannabe corn dog said:

if it was a conversation it would be less noticeable but it's not a conversation, which is why it's distracting. 

@Ry-Bread

personally, i think the podcast would be more successful with guests as opposed to one guy talking about news. even if that means they would happen less frequently, it would be better. random board members as guests wouldn't cut it. people here have tried that a hundred times and no one cares. 

if you got people with some current or prior relationship with the band to come on and tell stories/answer questions about those early days, it'd be worth listening to. aside from davey, we've had a few other people stop by here with interesting stories. i think ghent even got an interview with one of the kut u up guys once. these would all be good guests. 

just not Leo Dehoe. 

• Like 2
  • Crab 1

i haven't actually listened to this, i will try later cause I'm very interested, but please for the love of god don't say "like" every 2-3 sentences. I hate that. might be one of my biggest pet peeves. that and drinking or eating while doing a show I cannot stand. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, wannabe corn dog said:

if you got people with some current or prior relationship with the band to come on and tell stories/answer questions about those early days, it'd be worth listening to. aside from davey, we've had a few other people stop by here with interesting stories.

Yeah I def agree with certain parts here.

1. I do think there is a void in getting the latest news/neat info or discussions which I think I am capable of delivering. I know you only lasted 1 minute into episode 1 (which is my fault) but I think if you listened to the whole thing you would've learned some stuff or found *something* interesting along the way. Part of why I want these to be 30-45 minutes is because I don't just want to be one guy rambling for hours, as I note in the podcast - I don't have time and hate when other podcasts do that.

2. As for random board members not cutting it, I know this and it is part of why I didn't fully make this a "board podcast" because it needs to have a broader appeal. I'm not just going to have random board members on to blab about inside jokes/random threads, because only 15-20 people here would halfway care or know what we're talking about. But I am totally down to feature some cool stuff (Ex: Comprehensive Timeline, Song Election) and incorporate some short board member interviews when appropriate. (Ex: Album/Show reviews, etc.)

3. Obviously would love any guests affiliated with the band, this is easier said than done. This is part of why I have been trying to build up the social media, and build up some trust. It's also why this platform needs to be in place IMO. Everyone wants a Mark interview, but what are we supposed to do? Point him here to see 10 pages of Cali/Skiba hate and then mail him a letter with our questions? Everything I am doing is strategic.

So it may not be for everyone, maybe it's awful, and I will 100% lose money every month doing this, but am gonna try - even if only Elisa, Speedo, and Niku listen to each episode lol.

• Like 3

I think we should come up with a list of people who would be worth talking to. Davey of course, some other people from their old days like the Kut U Up/Fenix TX guys, Scott Russo from Unwritten Law, Mark Trombino would be so cool and he has done a lot of podcasts, or even their techs.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Ry-Bread said:

Yeah I def agree with certain parts here.

1. I do think there is a void in getting the latest news/neat info or discussions which I think I am capable of delivering. I know you only lasted 1 minute into episode 1 (which is my fault) but I think if you listened to the whole thing you would've learned some stuff or found *something* interesting along the way. Part of why I want these to be 30-45 minutes is because I don't just want to be one guy rambling for hours, as I note in the podcast - I don't have time and hate when other podcasts do that.

2. As for random board members not cutting it, I know this and it is part of why I didn't fully make this a "board podcast" because it needs to have a broader appeal. I'm not just going to have random board members on to blab about inside jokes/random threads, because only 15-20 people here would halfway care or know what we're talking about. But I am totally down to feature some cool stuff (Ex: Comprehensive Timeline, Song Election) and incorporate some short board member interviews when appropriate. (Ex: Album/Show reviews, etc.)

3. Obviously would love any guests affiliated with the band, this is easier said than done. This is part of why I have been trying to build up the social media, and build up some trust. It's also why this platform needs to be in place IMO. Everyone wants a Mark interview, but what are we supposed to do? Point him here to see 10 pages of Cali/Skiba hate and then mail him a letter with our questions? Everything I am doing is strategic.

So it may not be for everyone, maybe it's awful, and I will 100% lose money every month doing this, but am gonna try - even if only Elisa, Speedo, and Niku listen to each episode lol.

I take this as you specifically trying to entertain me and I appreciate and welcome your efforts! 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Elisa said:

I think we should come up with a list of people who would be worth talking to. Davey of course, some other people from their old days like the Kut U Up/Fenix TX guys, Scott Russo from Unwritten Law, Mark Trombino would be so cool and he has done a lot of podcasts, or even their techs.

That's a great list ! Jeff Forest would be a great guest too, he was the mixing engineer of Cheshire Cat and co-wrote the song "Wasting Time" : he's a very nice person too 😃 

Don't forget the guys from Homegrown too !

They used to tour with blink a lot back in the day and they just had a reunion too this week haha 

Keep up the great work @Ry-Bread ! You're doing very good and can't wait to hear the future episodes 😃 

• Like 1

Feldmann seems to love attention, surely after it's a bit established you could get him on to talk about the whole...bringing blink back with Cali thing? I'll roll my eyes the whole time but it may be doable. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Elisa said:

Could easily get Brandon Parkhurt from Kut U Up, I have him on Facebook and have talked to him before. Chris Cote would be cooler though, since he's already in the media business

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Ghent said:

Could easily get Brandon Parkhurt from Kut U Up, I have him on Facebook and have talked to him before. Chris Cote would be cooler though, since he's already in the media business

What is he up to in the media biz nowadays? I loved those guys in Riding In Vans.

Finally had a chance to listen. This was really good Ry. Between all the news updates, past timelines, signature knowledge, twitter stuff, and now the podcast, you really are a vital part of this fan community. Thanks, its mostly a thankless task, but know its much appreshiated

• Love 1
On 2/12/2020 at 6:44 PM, Ry-Bread said:

I think it’s in iTunes now, let’s go!!! 

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/182-news/id1498399898?i=1000465109427

wow amazing how much faster spotify is at getting stuff up than itunes. 

On 2/10/2020 at 8:02 PM, wannabe corn dog said:

@Ry-Bread

I think a mix of ry solo, blink related guests and board guests would be best. most important thing is to keep it fresh with every new episode and keep the content consistent.  board guests wouldn't be coming on to talk about the boards, more so blink experiences and knowledge. the podcast is about blink after all, not about the boards. 

• Like 3
On 2/13/2020 at 11:16 PM, n i k u said:

i think a mix of ry solo, blink related guests and board guests would be best. most important thing is to keep it fresh with every new episode and keep the content consistent.  board guests wouldn't be coming on to talk about the boards, more so blink experiences and knowledge. the podcast is about blink after all, not about the boards. 

i think without cove reber as a guest this will fail

@Ari