Jump to content
 

182 News Podcast


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Ghent said:

I haven't heard from him in awhile. I asked how he was doing a couple weeks ago and he never responded. I did see him logged in earlier this week for a bit.

Lol so he’s creeping the boards just restraining from posting ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yo! I decided to launch a blink-182 podcast and have been working hard the past few weeks to figure out how the hell to do it. The name I came up with is "182 News" and I hope it will be a great sourc

Soooo Mark asked me when he’s coming on the pod on stream the other day... Trying to think of what to go over, I’m thinking it makes most sense to just start at the beginning?

Just finished interviewing Mr Tsurt, thought it would be 30 minutes and we went 2 hours. AMAZING stuff in here, cannot wait for you guys to hear it!

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Kay said:

Judging from various interviews of many, many musicians, this is fundamentally not true. Hell, I can be pretty damn shy in person, but I've been going on stage and talking smack like a suave son of a bitch for like 16 years now. 

Well I certainly am in no position to tell you that you’re not shy.  But I can certainly tell that Tom is not. There are levels of shyness, and obviously you’re able to put yours aside to get on stage. Many people could never get over their shyness to do that. And the fact Davey Jones who personally knew Tom said he’s not shy...is all the validation I need 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Well I certainly am in no position to tell you that you’re not shy.  But I can certainly tell that Tom is not. There are levels of shyness, and obviously you’re able to put yours aside to get on stage. Many people could never get over their shyness to do that. And the fact Davey Jones who personally knew Tom said he’s not shy...is all the validation I need 

I didn't mean for Tom, I don't think he's shy either, I just mean that all performing people aren't automatically not shy, that's all. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Kay said:

I can be pretty damn shy in person, but I've been going on stage and talking smack like a suave son of a bitch for like 16 years now. 

it's true that many, many celebrities are social introverts who recluse unless they are "on stage."

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

my read of them at the time was that tom and mark were somewhat extroverted (tom the most) and scott was an introvert.

I mean it’s not rocket science...anybody can see Tom was clearly not a shy person based on his behavior over the last 25 years 

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Kay said:

I didn't mean for Tom, I don't think he's shy either, I just mean that all performing people aren't automatically not shy, that's all. 

For sure and I can agree to that. Us musicians tend to be weird people lol but I wouldn’t have it any other way ❤️

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

sorry @Ry-Bread, one more for chris holmes:

was he involved with the production of the "pre-feldmann album"? i know it was written and recorded at the same studio where they did the +44 album and i believe james (+44 engineer and hmnim podcast) was working on it. at the very least, he must have heard it. what were his thoughts etc 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah +44 questions are all interesting to me. It still bums me out that they were hyping up their second album, canceled their entire European tour to finish that album, promised to make it up to everyone, and then never released the album or played live ever again. I remember reading (or watching, maybe) an interview with Craig in the lead up to the second album saying they had like 30 songs written. It’s sad that the band just disappeared without warning. I skipped a couple opportunities to see them live because I always assumed I’d have another chance. I never saw them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, yocoxy said:

Love the podcast guys 

Couldn't help but notice the pronunciation of Cheshire, is that how you pronounce it in America?

Thanks for listening, I appreciate it!!! I'm from the Midwest USA so may be saying it funky, but have always pronounced it "Shesh-IYRE" (Like hardwIRE, limewIRE). I know some say "Shesh-ur" but have heard it both ways through the years. I'm probably saying it wrong but too set in my ways at this point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ry-Bread said:

Thanks for listening, I appreciate it!!! I'm from the Midwest USA so may be saying it funky, but have always pronounced it "Shesh-IYRE" (Like hardwIRE, limewIRE). I know some say "Shesh-ur" but have heard it both ways through the years. I'm probably saying it wrong but too set in my ways at this point.

I am from Midwest USA too and I pronounce it like you accept I always thought it was a hard Ch sound? Like CHug. Lol 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Diddy Faplord said:

I am from Midwest USA too and I pronounce it like you accept I always thought it was a hard Ch sound? Like CHug. Lol 

I've always pronounced it like this too. 

 

Gonna try to give the first mrtsurt episode a go today. All I hope for is good audio quality. That's my biggest pet peeve of amateur podcasts. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

CHESH-urr is correct whether it's American or British English (of course some dialects wouldn't pronounce the R like that, but the I and the CH are the same regardless).

I'm also certain I've heard Mark pronounce it that way.

I say it like this because it's literally a place in the UK and saying it any other way is fucking bizarre. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...