NINE DELUXE & TOUR...PLEASE!

TOYPAJ_182

3 minutes ago, Osgod said:

Again: Why do you think Blink shouldn’t play more new songs live/tour the album?

I don’t get it. 

I don't recall Ghent ever saying that. 

In fact, if there's anyone in this board that would love more new songs it would be Ghent. 

Preferably 5 playthroughs of Sober and 6 or so of She's Out of Her Mind. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I don't recall Ghent ever saying that. 

In fact, if there's anyone in this board that would love more new songs it would be Ghent. 

Preferably 5 playthroughs of Sober and 6 or so of She's Out of Her Mind. 

He said in the second post that he is not sure if touring the new album is even necessary. Touring new album = playing new songs. 

4 minutes ago, Osgod said:

He said in the second post that he is not sure if touring the new album is even necessary. Touring new album = playing new songs. 

Yes, at this point in time, it would be unnecessary as this album came out in September of last year. It would make more sense to just move forward than it would to tour an album/singles that are almost 5 months old. That tour would be an unnecessary waste of time and money. 

• Like 1

It isn't that they didn't want to tour Nine, they just set the tour dates based off the original recording schedule. That schedule got fucked when they scrapped the Feldmann songs and started over... They're still contractually obligated to tour though so they had to make it something else. It turned into a cluster fuck but it happens, it doesn't mean they didn't want to tour Nine or play new songs. 

• Like 3

NINE is an improvement on california, but still feels off in places. interesting in seeing where they progress from here. curious if columbia will keep or drop the band — certainly, IRWIHY is doing better than expected. and NINE’s sales, though worse than its predecessor, were still the type of numbers that some acts simply can’t pull at this point.

id definitely like to see another album with this lineup, but if it’s just as uninspired as the rest, itd be nice to put the band to bed or get tom back.

• Like 1
  • Crab 1

2 minutes ago, boxelder said:

NINE is an improvement on california, but still feels off in places. interesting in seeing where they progress from here. curious if columbia will keep or drop the band — certainly, IRWIHY is doing better than expected. and NINE’s sales, though worse than its predecessor, were still the type of numbers that some acts simply can’t pull at this point.

id definitely like to see another album with this lineup, but if it’s just as uninspired as the rest, itd be nice to put the band to bed or get tom back.

I wouldn’t hold out hope. We’ve gotten a big enough sample of what the band is now. You think they’ll all of a sudden drop some legendary shit with this lineup?

• Like 1

This has definitely been an odd album cycle that’s for sure. I blame the album delays for it. The album releasing like 2 days before the tour that was originally meant to promote it was obviously not what they wanted.

But the album still did good. Pretty well received, IRWIHY is still on the charts so people obviously want to hear it. I really like nine and think it was a great second album from this lineup. Can’t wait to hear what they do next.

Selfishly I couldn’t give a fuck if they did an album tour at this point. I’d never get to see it. It’s far enough past the album release that the release hype has died down. Just get to work on what’s to come next.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, boxelder said:

I enjoy the good majority of songs from NINE... I went in expecting more of California and was pleasantly surprised. I don't mind the pop-centric songs like IRWIHY or BIOMY but there were others that sort of felt unfinished or meandered a bit too much for my taste, mainly On Some Emo Shit, Remember to Forget Me and I don't care much for Black Rain, as it just strikes me as a AK3 song. To each their own though, I think I'm in the minority in those opinions. There were quite a few people who adored those tracks. Just like I adore Generational Divide and Ransom, which I felt got panned by a lot of people. I will say that this release sounds and feels more cohesive as a Blink album that Skiba is a part of and I'm stoked the went in this direction. I think it helps to solidify this line up and give them the confidence needed to pursue that chemistry and I can honestly say I'm excited to hear their next release. 

3 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I enjoy the good majority of songs from NINE... I went in expecting more of California and was pleasantly surprised. I don't mind the pop-centric songs like IRWIHY or BIOMY but there were others that sort of felt unfinished or meandered a bit too much for my taste, mainly On Some Emo Shit, Remember to Forget Me and I don't care much for Black Rain, as it just strikes me as a AK3 song. To each their own though, I think I'm in the minority in those opinions. There were quite a few people who adored those tracks. Just like I adore Generational Divide and Ransom, which I felt got panned by a lot of people. I will say that this release sounds and feels more cohesive as a Blink album that Skiba is a part of and I'm stoked the went in this direction. I think it helps to solidify this line up and give them the confidence needed to pursue that chemistry and I can honestly say I'm excited to hear their next release. 

I don’t think Black Rain sounds anything at all like Alkaline Trio

10 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Black rain should’ve just been Matt.

It definitely feels like a Skiba song. I take it as an AK3 song, maybe I'm wrong, I'm not a huge fan of his but I feel that it's more so that wheel house than Blink's. 

25 minutes ago, Speedo said:

It definitely feels like a Skiba song. I take it as an AK3 song, maybe I'm wrong, I'm not a huge fan of his but I feel that it's more so that wheel house than Blink's. 

Yeah it’s more skiba. I remember in some magazine they said it was him writing with Feldman when they came up with it. I could see it fitting on crimson maybe.

It’s not so “alkaline trio” but it’s definitely more “Matt” if ya get me

5 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Yeah it’s more skiba. I remember in some magazine they said it was him writing with Feldman when they came up with it. I could see it fitting on crimson maybe.

It’s not so “alkaline trio” but it’s definitely more “Matt” if ya get me

It’s def not very “blinkish” either way lol