NINE DELUXE & TOUR...PLEASE!

TOYPAJ_182

18 hours ago, Marik said:

Bands make so much more money off the TOUR nowadays, compared to the album sales. So it's weird that the band/label could already be putting a bookend on the NINE era. 

Extensive touring is very time consuming and exhausting, I think blink is not dependent on the money so they only play as much as they want to.

Recordings are far more important than shows to me! I'm still buying CDs!

On 2/10/2020 at 5:52 PM, Speedo said:

It definitely feels like a Skiba song. I take it as an AK3 song, maybe I'm wrong, I'm not a huge fan of his but I feel that it's more so that wheel house than Blink's. 

I definitely agree with you, it sounds like Crimson era Trio.

• Like 1
  • Crab 1

DLX editions just seem like such a no brainer if you have finished material laying around and an eager fan base. Or even just a set of rough demos to give insight to the creative process. Even if you don't want to put a ton of marketing into it, it's a great way to give people another incentive to head to your site for NINE merch/deluxe vinyl/CDs/revisiting NINE streams, etc. And yeah, if they're planning on adding some tour dates, would be great to release NINE DLX right before and play some new stuff based on that hype.

I think they only called it "California Deluxe" because they weren't technically allowed to release a new album yet, I don't know if they're in the same type of place right now where they're already ready to dive into making an entirely new album to call Nine Deluxe. If they have demos and b-sides laying around I'm all for it! But if they are going to make a new album, hopefully it'll just have a new name/concept/etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Champ182 said:

I think they only called it "California Deluxe" because they weren't technically allowed to release a new album yet, I don't know if they're in the same type of place right now where they're already ready to dive into making an entirely new album to call Nine Deluxe. If they have demos and b-sides laying around I'm all for it! But if they are going to make a new album, hopefully it'll just have a new name/concept/etc.

Yeah, they did claim that it was pretty much a new album and that they took advantage of a loophole when it came to being unable to release a new album. Imagine if that was actually under a different name though? Would've been one of the worst pop punk albums I've heard. I only like about 3 songs from the Deluxe.

• Like 2

So IF they toured this what would your ideal set for this bet? You gotta include songs like Feeling This, Miss You, First Date, WMAA etc ones you know Mark is too scared to drop. I still would like to see First Date and a couple other get rotated each night. But here's my set below 

1. The First Time
2. Rock Show
3. WMAA
4. Bored To Death
5. I Miss You
6. Cynical
7. Darkside
8. I really wish i hated you
9. First Date
10. Adams Song
11. Wasting Time
12. Down
13. Happy Days
14. Blame it on my youth
15. Feeling This
16.  Violence
17.  Dysentery Gary
18. Pin the Grenade

Encore

Drum Solo
19. Carousel
20. Family Reunion
21. Dammit

16 hours ago, Marik said:

The above setlist is probly about the most likely one that involves 6 Nine songs. (As much as others hope to hear No Heart).

First Time becoming another great set opener like Feeling This, Dumpweed, would be awesome

We're not hearing songs where Matt has to scream unless they finally get over their fear of playing the song half/an entire step down.

• Like 1

Love the album, but I doubt there will be a Deluxe release for it.  I don't recall them talking about there being a lot of cut content like they did for California.  If they made a Deluxe album, beyond including Out of My Head and maybe Not Another Christmas Song, they'd probably have to record a whole bunch of new tracks from scratch.  And if that's what they'd do, then they might as well record a brand new album instead.

2 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Love the album, but I doubt there will be a Deluxe release for it.  I don't recall them talking about there being a lot of cut content like they did for California.  If they made a Deluxe album, beyond including Out of My Head and maybe Not Another Christmas Song, they'd probably have to record a whole bunch of new tracks from scratch.  And if that's what they'd do, then they might as well record a brand new album instead.

I agree with you, but I also think that's what ended up happening with California Deluxe haha. I'm pretty sure they said Hey I'm Sorry is one of, if not the only, track that was from the original Cali sessions, the rest were written afterwards and became California Deluxe because they contractually weren't allowed to have another new album out so quickly.

58 minutes ago, M!ke said:

They had 40+ songs for NINE... though a decent chunk of that has to be from the early Feldy sessions that they ended up completely scrapping, so those clearly aren't what they would want to release. (Though Darkside/Black Rain were from those.)

On 2/13/2020 at 4:36 PM, Chewy030 said:

So IF they toured this what would your ideal set for this bet? You gotta include songs like Feeling This, Miss You, First Date, WMAA etc ones you know Mark is too scared to drop. I still would like to see First Date and a couple other get rotated each night. But here's my set below 

1. The First Time
2. Rock Show
3. WMAA
4. Bored To Death
5. I Miss You
6. Cynical
7. Darkside
8. I really wish i hated you
9. First Date
10. Adams Song
11. Wasting Time
12. Down
13. Happy Days
14. Blame it on my youth
15. Feeling This
16.  Violence
17.  Dysentery Gary
18. Pin the Grenade

Encore

Drum Solo
19. Carousel
20. Family Reunion
21. Dammit

If we are doing a fantasy list can that include a fantasy version of the band? 

• Haha 1

On 2/13/2020 at 7:43 AM, Champ182 said:

I think they only called it "California Deluxe" because they weren't technically allowed to release a new album yet

i think it was done to pad album sales, as both count towards a single california RIAA certification, rather than separate releases.

• Like 1