blink-182 Song Election - Cheshire Cat

yodda

2 hours ago, yodda said:

Romeo and Rebecca has to live alone in 9th place.

Here are the remaining songs from Cheshire Cat:

Carousel
M+M's
Touchdown Boy
Peggy Sue
Sometimes
Cacophony
Toast and Bananas
Wasting Time

Cacophony - the lyrics are kinda shitty

Toast and bananas 

• Crab 1

I've felt like such a slacker/poser this round, I have plenty of fond thoughts about this album but just straight up didn't ever spend as much time with it as any of the others back in the day. I know all the songs word for word when I'm listening to them in the moment, but when I've sat here trying to make a determination of like Fentoozler vs. DMBS vs. Toast and Bananas vs. Romeo and Rebecca... I don't really have much of a hierarchy in my mind on this album at all haha. A lot of similar sounding songs that don't quite stand apart from each other. I don't DISLIKE any songs on this album, and I really love some of the ones that blend together a little bit, but I've always thought on a song-by-song basis a lot of the songs are mostly fascinating as like the beginnings of a band finding their sound rather than having a lot of songs that really stuck with me throughout the years.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Champ182 said:

I've felt like such a slacker/poser this round, I have plenty of fond thoughts about this album but just straight up didn't ever spend as much time with it as any of the others back in the day. I know all the songs word for word when I'm listening to them in the moment, but when I've sat here trying to make a determination of like Fentoozler vs. DMBS vs. Toast and Bananas vs. Romeo and Rebecca... I don't really have much of a hierarchy in my mind on this album at all haha. A lot of similar sounding songs that don't quite stand apart from each other. I don't DISLIKE any songs on this album, and I really love some of the ones that blend together a little bit, but I've always thought on a song-by-song basis a lot of the songs are mostly fascinating as like the beginnings of a band finding their sound rather than having a lot of songs that really stuck with me throughout the years.

giphy.gif

I agree with most of ur feelings on this. I've never figured out if its because its such early work of a band trying to find their sound, but to me it's really hard to rank these from best to worst...not out of love per say like DR, but out of lack of variences, if that makes sense

With some exceptions, because its VERY clear to me what the Top3 should be....

• Like 1