happy 25th birthday to cheshire cat!

daveyjones

1 hour ago, wannabe corn dog said:

any idea what year this version was released?

the japanese first CD pressing was released in 1996. although discogs lists the date as september 26, i remember buying it in san diego that summer as an import title. the bonus tracks are zulu and lemmings from the uranus sessions.

https://www.discogs.com/Blink-182-Cheshire-Cat/release/3974757

Incredible stuff!! Thanks Davey. It's fascinating to look back on how savvy they were right from the beginning, even just things like promoting each of the members individually in the press release. I've always thought they were so unique for taking that approach. By the time they were famous even casual fans knew all of their names and what their individual personalities were like, they were almost Beatles-like in that way. Most bands don't do that as much because they don't all have crazy charisma, but Tom and Mark did, and Scott (and later Travis) was the straightman, and they knew to showcase that fact from the beginning. They were really smart with that type of stuff all the way up to the first breakup.

• Like 3

I shared the picture of Tom/Rick on stage with Rick Devoe and he was stoked, here is his post:

nCEd7mm.jpg

Also interesting in the comments, Michael Halloran recalls being there "after deciding that Wasting Time and M&Ms would be the singles 91xSanDiego would play", to which Rick replied: "You were the FIRST radio station DJ in the WORLD to play Blink!"

• Like 6