Ryan Newman NASCAR Wreck

Ghent

Sorry for the weird thread, but I spent like an hour in a state of shock because I was pretty sure I just watched someone die live on TV.

8 hours ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Maybe he’s in amputation territory?

That or maybe paralyzed or something? The way they are keeping info locked down is odd. Leaving the Daytona 500 broadcast with Jeff Gordon in tears when they knew he was alive? I'm confused.

2 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

fucking hell. that's an insane wreck.

my dad, uncle, and grandfather were amateur race car drivers. nascar is a sport. 

With how political and softened other major sports have gotten, I've grown to appreciate the sport a lot. Getting older in general I've started growing appreciation for it.  It definetely requires nerves of steel. 

1 minute ago, Jan's Plan said:

With how political and softened other major sports have gotten, I've grown to appreciate the sport a lot. Getting older in general I've started growing appreciation for it.  It definetely requires nerves of steel. 

also a lot of dedication, especially if you're not from wealth or huge financial means. I'm not sure if it's still a rich kids sport but I'd imagine so as I haven't kept up with it since the 2000s. 

my favorite driver was Dale Jr as my father loved "the Intimidator". 

33 minutes ago, Jan's Plan said:

Just because the NFL is trying to prevent permanent brain injuries and a few players have protested racial injustices does not mean that sports have become political or softened.

But yeah, NASCAR drivers are badasses. Imagine wrecking normally at 200 MPH..I can't even imagine going 200 MPH.