Little Death
Lillian
No, It Isn't
Make You Smile
Chapter 13

Make a You Smile

• Crab 4

33 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

I realised when I listened to the album the other day that prefer the original demo version that was released so much more.

Me too, it's so much better. 

• Like 1

I really do wonder how good this album would’ve turned out had Carol stuck around. The album is a masterpiece of course but it would’ve been really cool to hear what Carol could’ve brought to the table.

Even the chorus in this version of cliff diving, even though it’s basically the exact same sounds a lot more interesting having Mark harmonise with Carol.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

I really do wonder how good this album would’ve turned out had Carol stuck around. The album is a masterpiece of course but it would’ve been really cool to hear what Carol could’ve brought to the table.

Even the chorus in this version of cliff diving, even though it’s basically the exact same sounds a lot more interesting having Mark harmonise with Carol.

I was excited for Mark to do a collaboration album with a woman - seemed super different at the time, but didn't care too much when it was changed until it was actually released. I adore Make You Smile and I would've been much happier with an album of trading vocals like that, someone to truly contrast Mark's morose monotone thing. can you imagine Lillian or Chapter 13 with some layered Carol Vox? I'd be all over that shit. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

55 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

I really love +44's album but I, too, wonder how it turned out in an alternate universe with Carol sticking around. I think I'd enjoy the new blink albums more too if they'd gone with a female replacement (though the backlash might've been unfortunately harsher than even the Skiba announcement).

I love the album. But still. Mark should really start a new band with a female. His voice gels so nicely with female vocals.

• Like 1