Isolation TV Show / Movie Recommendations

Kay

I know we have a TV topic, but I figure with people in various countries being about to lockdown or already in it, this could be helpful.

Name your country, your streaming company of choice, and a list of recommendations (streaming options differ depending on country). 

Here's mine! It's a start anyway, I can see me adding to this a lot. 

UK Netflix  

Witcher (obviously)

GLOW

Lost In Space (if you're desperate, it's only okay) 

I Am Not Okay With This

Love Is Blind (if you want absolute trash, which I frequently do) 

The Politician

Atypical

Russian Doll 

Explained

That Mitchell And Webb Look (if you like absurd British humour) 

Sex Education

Santa Clarita Diet

Stranger Things (obviously) 

• Love 1

22 hours ago, Kay said:

I know we have a TV topic, but I figure with people in various countries being about to lockdown or already in it, this could be helpful.

Name your country, your streaming company of choice, and a list of recommendations (streaming options differ depending on country). 

Here's mine! It's a start anyway, I can see me adding to this a lot. 

UK Netflix  

Witcher (obviously)

GLOW

Lost In Space (if you're desperate, it's only okay) 

I Am Not Okay With This

Love Is Blind (if you want absolute trash, which I frequently do) 

The Politician

Atypical

Russian Doll 

Explained

That Mitchell And Webb Look (if you like absurd British humour) 

Sex Education

Santa Clarita Diet

Stranger Things (obviously) 

Roswell New Mexico is great as well. And if we're adding absurd British humour to the list, the inbetweeners (series, the movies was kinda meh) and The I.T Crowd (sooooo funny)

1 hour ago, twentytwenty said:

Roswell New Mexico is great as well. And if we're adding absurd British humour to the list, the inbetweeners (series, the movies was kinda meh) and The I.T Crowd (sooooo funny)

IT Crowd is great, I do like the inbetweeners... the second movie was better than the first, series is obviously the best. 

• Like 1

Started watching Devs last night, my god it's fucking awesome. It's a Hulu miniseries, directed/created by Alex Garland (Ex Machina, Annihilation), and stars Nick Offerman and Sonoya Mizuno. Only three episodes have aired so far, and I've only seen the first two. It's a dark, twisted sci-fi series. The music and cinematography are fucking fantastic and very eerie and immersive. It involves an intersection of computer programming and quantum science and takes place slightly in the future.  If you like shows like LOST, Dark, or The OA, this mini series will be a very pleasant surprise for you - so far I've enjoyed it more than all of those shows.

On 3/24/2020 at 1:26 PM, Ghent said:

Has anyone watched Tiger King?

Watched the first two episodes of that last night on Netflix. What in the fuck?!

How can this be real?

New to Americans pal? Fucking bonkers the lot of you