Isolation TV Show / Movie Recommendations

Kay

2 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Which season? First season was great. I watched the first episode of season 2 and thought it’d be better to just wait and binge the whole thing rather then weekly but then everyone said the second season was absolutely rubbish so I never picked it back up. Season 3 is out now yeah?

I'm on season 2 now.  I actually like where it's at right now more than beginning half of s1, Maeve clone has me tripping a bit, so I think I'll like it but who knows?   I mean I'm not obsessed but I like it, think it's an interesting show.

I'm excited for season 4 with Aaron Paul in the mix

1 minute ago, Jan's Plan said:

I'm on season 2 now.  I actually like where it's at right now more than beginning half of s1, Maeve clone has me tripping a bit, so I think I'll like it but who knows?   I mean I'm not obsessed but I like it, think it's an interesting show.

I'm excited for season 4 with Aaron Paul in the mix

Thanks for the spoiler lol.

Its definitely an interesting premise. Hopefully they don’t go too far over their heads and ruin it completely.

8 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Thanks for the spoiler lol.

Its definitely an interesting premise. Hopefully they don’t go too far over their heads and ruin it completely.

Oh I haven't started yet, on S2E1.  Just meant Maeve's character in general end of S1 had me wanting to see what happens.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jan's Plan said:

Oh I haven't started yet, on S2E1.  Just meant Maeve's character in general end of S1 had me wanting to see what happens.

Shows I don’t remember the end of season 1 that well then cause I don’t remember a clone lol. 

7 hours ago, Jan's Plan said:

Westworld is pretty solid. 

I’ve never been so into a show after the first season only to become so bored by the second season that I stop watching it altogether. I don’t know what to think. The first season was amazing. The second season was trash. Just don’t have the motivation to pick it up again.

The show worked so well in the western setting mixed with futuristic tech/robotics. Once they moved away from that it tanked imo

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I’ve never been so into a show after the first season only to become so bored by the second season that I stop watching it altogether. I don’t know what to think. The first season was amazing. The second season was trash. Just don’t have the motivation to pick it up again.

The show worked so well in the western setting mixed with futuristic tech/robotics. Once they moved away from that it tanked imo

Dammit.  I'm interested to watch just to see how much they veered off since this seems like the common take.

That happened to me with Silicon Valley.  I've never gone from so invested in a show to not giving a damn whatsoever.  At some point around the "lick my piss" part.  It never went anywhere.  This one seems like it went too far?

My only gripe with Westworld so far is really how much killing there is.  It's fun but it's so damn much.  Like it's already getting saturated.

9 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

I’m going to binge The Leftovers this week i think. Watched season 1 years ago but we dropped it for some reason. Will start from the beginning because I don’t remember much.

I watched that earlier this year. I also tried watching the first season years ago, but didn't keep up with it. I think it's definitely more suited for binging.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

I watched that earlier this year. I also tried watching the first season years ago, but didn't keep up with it. I think it's definitely more suited for binging.

I keep hearing such good things about it. Hopefully lives up to the hype!

Yup, season 2 is boring..

Update: Finished season 2.. why did they change the show completely? I assumed Westworld was going to remain with the Western vibe throughout the whole show, it's gone straight terminator/ex machina/black mirror stuff and that's cool and all and I like that stuff it's just I kind of like the original premise... It wasn't bad or anything, just less exciting.  Man in Black arc is the only thing that kept it going.

Looks like season 3 is another full dive into this scenery, but at least it has Aaron Paul and Marshawn Lynch? Will check it out for that reason alone.

I will say again though there's way too much death. I get it's indulgences, but it's every 5 seconds there's a mass murder scene, just gets a bit ridiculous at some point.

Still a great show.

On 3/24/2020 at 8:26 AM, Ghent said:

Has anyone watched Tiger King?

It's crazy man, I clicked on it last weekend because I just wanted to see some cool tigers and had NO CLUE what I was about to get into lol... 

Was on Ozark S3 this past weekend, so good. Btw the new Pet Sematary movie is on Hulu and worth a watch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you need a good true crime show during quarantine check out The Forgotten West Memphis Three. It's a new documentary that focuses on the three dead boys instead of the three guys and the host searches for justice. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Iblinkfor182Always said:

Ozark is amazing. I started season 3 yesterday and I only have 2 episodes left to wstch. Makes me sad. 🤣 Only 10 episodes in season. Damn Netflix 

Just watched season 3 in less than 2 days! Always leaves me wanting more! 

• Like 1