Fountains of Wayne

boxelder

couldn't find a thread about fountains of wayne, so here's a new one. considering the overlap between 00s pop punk and power pop, wouldn't be surprised if we had more than a few members of this board who liked their music. unfortunately, co-founder/songwriter adam schlesinger died today, from coronavirus.

https://variety.com/2020/music/news/adam-schlesinger-coronavirus-dead-dies-1203552130/

i'm certainly very torn about this. adam's music has meant a lot to me, whether it's from his work with FOW, his production gigs with motion city soundtrack, or even that click five song just the girl. plus, he wrote the theme for that thing you do and had a lot of fans from his score for crazy ex-girlfriend. anyway, seemed like a good time to make a FOW thread.

• Sad 3

Yeah this sucks.  It's not like I was a big follower of the band, but back in the day that album, Welcome Interstate Managers was on pretty heavy repeat for me, and not simply because Stacy's Mom was a big track at the time.  My favorite will always be Hey Julie:

• 3 weeks later...