Oculus Rift - VR

Jan Backing Track

• 4 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I want to get a VR system, but I’m waiting until there is one that clearly outpaces the competition. I don’t want to be stuck with the wrong horse 

Yeah same here, I don't know enough about them but they decently priced now.  Tried one out and was pretty blown away at it's potential, legit was screaming at the zombie games

9 hours ago, Jan's Plan said:

Yeah same here, I don't know enough about them but they decently priced now.  Tried one out and was pretty blown away at it's potential, legit was screaming at the zombie games

I've only done the shitty kind that you stick your phone in and even those were impressive

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tom Bot said:

Don't you need a gaming PC as well (if you're not using it with a console like the Sony one)? It's pretty expensive when you factor in the cost of a gaming PC.

Half-Life: Alyx is a great reason to get one though. 

I was literally just going to comment about this, I talked to the guy I tried this out at, who's a gamer, he had the HTC Vive and says that's the one to go with, which is $600-$1000 not $200 like the Oculust Riff, and then mentioned you need a good gaming PC for either.

Well that sucks.  It was the most fun I've had at a game in a while though if you can manage that.  Once you're able to walk around smoothly and stuff it'll be insane.  

20 minutes ago, Jan's Plan said:

I was literally just going to comment about this, I talked to the guy I tried this out at, who's a gamer, he had the HTC Vive and says that's the one to go with, which is $600-$1000 not $200 like the Oculust Riff, and then mentioned you need a good gaming PC for either.

Well that sucks.  It was the most fun I've had at a game in a while though if you can manage that.  Once you're able to walk around smoothly and stuff it'll be insane.  

It's always always always a bad idea to be an early adopter of new technology. Look at those dopes who bought 3D TVs in recent years that requrie glasses, what a dumb idea.

Prices come down significantly, technology improves quickly. I personally would wait 3-5 years for it to be more perfected + the library of games to improve. I imagine the next wave of consoles will be designed with VR in mind as well, and those will be out fairly soon. 

4 hours ago, Tom Bot said:

It's always always always a bad idea to be an early adopter of new technology. Look at those dopes who bought 3D TVs in recent years that requrie glasses, what a dumb idea.

Prices come down significantly, technology improves quickly. I personally would wait 3-5 years for it to be more perfected + the library of games to improve. I imagine the next wave of consoles will be designed with VR in mind as well, and those will be out fairly soon. 

Yeah but it'll be 2-3 years still I bet, I wouldn't mind picking up one of the $200 ones and dinking around until then if it worked on just a regular pc/tv

19 hours ago, Tom Bot said:

Look at those dopes who bought 3D TVs in recent years that requrie glasses, what a dumb idea.

haha i bought a 3D tv several years ago. I really like it, was almost cooler watching in 3D at home than in the theater.

Sucks they kind of stopped supporting it. Was only a couple hundred bucks extra at the time I bought mine though, so it doesn't irritate me too bad.

5 hours ago, Ghent said:

haha i bought a 3D tv several years ago. I really like it, was almost cooler watching in 3D at home than in the theater.

Sucks they kind of stopped supporting it. Was only a couple hundred bucks extra at the time I bought mine though, so it doesn't irritate me too bad.

3D technology has sucked from the get-go though. It's a novelty gimmick that entices theatres to make an extra buck, I literally forget about it after the first 2 mins of a movie.