Mark on Twitch

Knapppers

you know what would be a cool question to ask? there was briefly talk about recording an album with bill stevenson in 2014, prior to tom's exit. i don't remember where and how that info popped up; i don't think it was fan speculation. i think someone (tom) might've said something about it. i wonder what happened?

20 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

That’s likely accurate, not to spill too many beans from Interview Part 2, but Chris Holmes said they were all listening to a bunch of different producers trying to agree on who to go with in that time frame.

Yes, Tim wasn’t officially “producing” I don’t think, but was def around when they were demoing giving input. These are the sacred “pre-Feldy” sessions folks tend to think are the most amazing +44/Alk3 mashup imaginable. (They scrapped all of them, other than parts of “Hey I’m Sorry”.)

Yeah, would be pretty cool to hear those demos. I can imagine they'll sound vastly different to the original ideas though. Blink have always talked about how the finished song is always completely different to the original ideas.

16 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

He said they had plans for Europe this summer but couldn’t coordinate the boat schedule for Trav.

Also said they may revisit the demos they originally did with Tim Armstrong, said they’re “rad songs”.

Thus far he has played “Cynical” on acoustic. 

Ok refresh my memory. I love Tim Armstrong. Were these demos from right when Skiba joined blink?

Damn I want to hear those

5 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Yeah IIRC Tim was in the studio with them quite a bit initially, I remember seeing photos of him with them on multiple occasions. At the time I assumed he was just there hanging with Trav and his friends checking out their new stuff. Though I guess some took that as him producing or having heavy involvement.

It was interesting to hear Mark say “They’re rad songs.” since they scrapped them all.

Fall of 2015 after they played their first shows with Skiba. Then they reconvened after Christmas with Feldmann and wrote California in like two months.

I think the problem with the lyrics sheets is that you would have to increase the price to the point that demand is reasonable for mark to fulfill. Lots of people would pay a lot of money for them. Let’s say it’s $500 to get a reasonable number of requests. Then he feels bad because he doesn’t view a single lyric on a piece of loose leaf as being nearly worth that much money.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ghent said:

Could still be rad songs without being the right kind of songs to have release at that time though. I would love to hear them

Exactly. I’m still fully under the belief those songs are fantastic. Probably just lacked a cohesive sound and when they met up with Feldy he further reiterated to them that the album needed a cohesive sound so they dropped them and started fresh with him.

I’d pay a large amount of money to hear those songs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Life’s so boring didn’t have lyrics. Please elaborate 

Emonite.tv you can watch through his segment. He literally quotes the lyrics. Mentions having the multi tracks for the sessions saying it’s not true that the song was just an instrumental. 

edit for convenience: 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Jon Benjamin said:

Emonite.tv you can watch through his segment. He literally quotes the lyrics. Mentions having the multi tracks for the sessions saying it’s not true that the song was just an instrumental. 

edit for convenience: 

That’s awesome. It makes sense, I mean how would they just label it “Life’s So Boring” if they didn’t have lyrics about that. Very cool info!

9 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Ok for those who are curious about the Lyric Sheet process, here is a video of how it went. I was the first to ask, and you'll see it was a bit of an ordeal lol... He asked what I wanted, I typed it in the chat but they never saw it, so then I donated again so they would see it pop up on the screen, then people were telling them what I said and Jack got kinda mad, then they had to figure out how to get my address which was funny. But anyways, it took this entire video to sort it out, but it showed up safely the other day which is so dope!

How much you pay in the end? 

I can see people constantly asking mark for it now tho lol