Whenever Mark says people don’t want to hear deep cuts...

tussy

1 hour ago, Chewy030 said:

I'll never understand why they don't rotate songs each night. There's no reason Dumpweed, Violence Cynical couldn't be rotated with other deep cuts each night. 

Don’t you ever take away my dumpweed, damn you! But yes any other song they could replace and I’d be fine. They definitely need to start playing more deep cuts. Sick of the greatest hits set list every year, that’s my biggest gripe about them. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Don’t you ever take away my dumpweed, damn you! But yes any other song they could replace and I’d be fine. They definitely need to start playing more deep cuts. Sick of the greatest hits set list every year, that’s my biggest gripe about them. 

I get why they think it would be difficult because they think they need the fancy light show and what not. But if i remember right they did rotate a couple during the 09 reunion tour. As long as you kept the same songs you're rotating it shouldn't be hard for the tech guys to keep up. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Deep cuts are always met with a lot of excitement at blink shows.  LOVED when they were doing acoustic versions of deep cuts in the last couple years while Tom was around, they were all amazing:

These both sound soo damn good. I loved these mini acoustic sets they use to do. 

I don't care about rare deep cuts, just throw in stuff like Pathetic, Voyeur, Peggy Sue like they used to play.  And don't ruin it by making it acoustic. Just play the damn song the way it was recorded. Why can't they play Wasting Time like a regular rock band? What's with the gimmick acoustic stuff

• Like 1
  • Crab 1

1 hour ago, Chewy030 said:

I get why they think it would be difficult because they think they need the fancy light show and what not.

I honestly don't get it haha, there are plenty of giant bands playing with fancy light shows who play deep cuts. It's just a weird excuse they use.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, _Kyle_ said:

yo la tengo literally has a wheel they spin with deep cuts and they play whatever it lands on. blink never had the balls to do anything that clever. 

OB-NV295_WHEEL_G_20110509150611.jpg

Blink could/can barely manage to play the songs they have planned, something like this would only end in tears and disappointment. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Mark has been playing any song in his catalogue off the top of his head on twitch. If they practiced a little, they could easily do it. They’re professionals that have been playing the same 50 songs their entire adult life that are all easy to play. They lean into being terrible musicians more than they are.