New AVA Song All That's Left is Love Out Now!

Chewy030

25 minutes ago, Neal said:

pretty sure this was thrown together for the covid19 situation, lirically it would make total sense

Yeah, some lines are pretty obvious the more I think about it: 

"We have never been here before" 

"The world is different now
We feel more of us
When the days are getting tough
A little bit’s enough
When all that’s left is love"

"Spring has come along, and the
leaves are off the lawn,
Wishing I could stop the fear
As the summer nights come near""

"We‘re locked inside our beds,
but we Laugh at what is said,
remember how it all begins
A little smile from your friends"

When he says, 'The world is different now' especially I really get a sense that he's talking about the virus.  It's still so surreal to me to be typing sentences like that, labeling it "the virus" and we all genuinely know what the hell I'm talking about.  What fucking happened?

• Like 1

I just listened to it about 20x and I honestly think some of the lyrics sound like he’s talking about his past marriage... I’d be shocked if it was thrown together quickly, though I could see the chorus or some of the lines coming together more recently in response to Covid stuff.

• Like 1

If it is about the virus, then I'm curious about this part:

We‘re locked inside our beds,
but we Laugh at what is said,
remember how it all begins
A little smile from your friends

Is that part essentially saying, we're all quarantined now, and it started with many joking about it, laughing and smiling, but that's just how it begins.  Doesn't say how it ends, but it almost reads ominous, like, this is how it starts...

• Like 1

The guy couldn't even meet Mark and Travis in the studio and released 1 blink album + and EP in 6 years. Doesn't tour or do anything the next 6 years, but takes years to release EPs and Albums and doesn't complete them sometimes (WDNTW Acoustic which was songs he already wrote 10+ years before). But he is on quarantine for 2 weeks and can complete a song. I will never understand what his deal is. Unless of course he is lying, which is a great possibility. 

Also as far as the lyrics being topical. Couldn't you say the same about 75% of Ava songs? 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

The guy couldn't even meet Mark and Travis in the studio and released 1 blink album + and EP in 6 years. Doesn't tour or do anything the next 6 years, but takes years to release EPs and Albums and doesn't complete them sometimes (WDNTW Acoustic which was songs he already wrote 10+ years before). But he is on quarantine for 2 weeks and can complete a song. I will never understand what his deal is. Unless of course he is lying, which is a great possibility. 

Also as far as the lyrics being topical. Couldn't you say the same about 75% of Ava songs? 

You probably could make the argument, but there are a few key lyrics like: "we're locked inside our beds" like that's a pretty strong allusion to quarantine.  Granted, it's vague enough where it doesn't have to be, but I think you can just kinda see how the current situation has inspired the song.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wannabe corn dog said:

it's growing on me a bit. the lyrics are a little too topical, in what seems like a forced way but all three of these new songs prove that tom is still a great songwriter imo

When Tom sticks to the stuff he knows how to write, he's an amazing songwriter. 

• Like 1