New AVA Song All That's Left is Love Out Now!

Chewy030

1 hour ago, M!ke said:

If it is about the virus, then I'm curious about this part:

We‘re locked inside our beds,
but we Laugh at what is said,
remember how it all begins
A little smile from your friends

Is that part essentially saying, we're all quarantined now, and it started with many joking about it, laughing and smiling, but that's just how it begins.  Doesn't say how it ends, but it almost reads ominous, like, this is how it starts...

I understood it more like yeah we‘re all separated at the moment, but don‘t forget we can still (re-)connect through smiles, laughs, love and all that. Just the standard AVA uplifting message thing.

• Like 2

Fuck me that was boring. 

Edit - after second playthrough, can confirm, very fucking boring with crap lyrics, no surprise there. no thanks. ah well, Kiss and Tells good though!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

i really really don't mind the central guitar riff, but the lyrics are dreadful -- no surprise it's a real-time reaction to covid-19. some of the worst tom's ever released IMO, specifically "the world cried"... yuck! (this is no surprise... this is the man who wrote "i think i like today, i think it's good") lol. bad tune

love the dream walker but not much more of AVA, and these new songs ain't hittin me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kay said:

Fuck me that was boring. 

Edit - after second playthrough, can confirm, very fucking boring with crap lyrics, no surprise there. no thanks. ah well, Kiss and Tells good though!

Yeah, I've listen to this song four times and I'm already feeling kind of bored listening to it compared to the other two songs that Tom recently put out...

Still a decent song though since I enjoyed it enough the first time. Definitely not a skip, but not something I'm gonna rush back to listen to any time soon.

2/3 great songs so far is a good number (I still really like RG and K+T)

Hoping we get a full album soon, or at least some more information on that. Wonder if the will get delayed at all (cause of issues getting together) or if this lockdown will force Tom to be creative since there's no other distractions... And the album will just come out sooner cause the band can come together over the net?

Just have to wait and see, I guess.

Why was it in question that Tom couldnt make a song in a couple weeks? All of blinks history except for untitled and neighborhoods was writing entire albums in a matter of weeks. Even dogs eating dogs which was apparently mostly Tom was done in a month. Just because he takes forever to release things doesn’t mean the songs don’t come together quickly when he’s actually working.

On the song though, it’s a fine song. Not as good as rebel girl and kiss and tell. But I think Aaron is great for Tom, makes him focus on the stuff that he’s actually good at

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NotNow said:

Why was it in question that Tom couldnt make a song in a couple weeks? All of blinks history except for untitled and neighborhoods was writing entire albums in a matter of weeks. Even dogs eating dogs which was apparently mostly Tom was done in a month. Just because he takes forever to release things doesn’t mean the songs don’t come together quickly when he’s actually working.

On the song though, it’s a fine song. Not as good as rebel girl and kiss and tell. But I think Aaron is great for Tom, makes him focus on the stuff that he’s actually good at

I'm mostly shocked. Tom for the last decade is usually slow as molasses. The quarantine shouldn't be affecting him much at all since Ava has barely been active the last 5 years. 

My question to him now is why is the rest of the album taking so long? We got 2 songs in the last 12 months, then the corona virus hits and he makes a song from conception to completion in 2 weeks. 

37 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

My question to him now is how can I utilize his talent to get children into my van so I can shackle them into my basement; pickin's have been slim since the quarantine started and Daddy's getting hungry.

Dude, wtf!?

• Haha 3