New AVA Song All That's Left is Love Out Now!

Chewy030

16 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Was there always going to be just 10 songs or did we not have a number before this? I can’t remember.

Yea Tom made an insta post a month ago saying ten but then he deleted it.

This is probably the first time where I think Tom’s “Ahs” are the best part of the song and actually enhance the melody

I'm with everyone here for the most part. Listened to it 4-5 times, liking it a little more each time. It's no Kiss + Tell or Rebel Girl but a solid filler on the album.

The quarantine, as shitty as this has been, is a fun time to be a blink fan. New music video from Mark and Travis and a new song written in 14 days from AVA.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jlx9 said:

I like the overall vibe of the song but Tom’s vocal melody/rhythm is very awkward throughout and doesn’t really work until the last chorus.

Yeah, that's how I feel. I wish he'd sing in his higher voice that you can hear on the harmonies. I almost thought it was Ilan singing at the beginning too.

I think important to note from Toms 91x interview that this song wasn’t made two weeks ago. This was an album track that they had made missing vocals that they wrote the lyrics to two weeks ago in response to covid. So you can’t really say eh it’s not that good because he made it so quickly unless it’s about the lyrics

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

Yeah, that's how I feel. I wish he'd sing in his higher voice that you can hear on the harmonies. I almost thought it was Ilan singing at the beginning too.

It’s not even his voice or the octave he was singing in, I actually liked hearing his lower octave since it’s kinda rare. It’s just the melody and overall rhythm was awkward and it sounded like he was just singing random lines to finish out a demo, which makes more sense after what NotNow mentioned. May also be a mixing issue but I haven’t listened to it that much yet.

• Like 2

The song has grown on me a bit. I don't find it like the generic AVA stuff from before Dream Walker. Like it sounds so AVA but at the same time it doesn't. Very unpredictable song which is why I'm liking it a bit more than Kiss & Tell and Rebel Girl.

• Like 1

kiss and tell and the other one were real good songs

thomas delongjay is one of the great songwriter of our time(lol the low intelligence on here will say im trolling lul)

he's proven it time and time again in blink, boxcar racer and trough-out angels and coronawaves

and there he goes and write kiss and tell and rebel girl after all hes done already

its ok if he writes a complimentary "ok" track here and there 

there might be some real beauties on that upcoming ana record