New AVA Song All That's Left is Love Out Now!

Chewy030

4 hours ago, Kay said:

They shared the lyrics, confirmed word salad. It's literally gibberish, like he threw magnets at the fridge. 

After I saw your comment I went and read through the lyrics about three times wondering how he included the word salad, I understood later and felt dumb af

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, Kay said:

They shared the lyrics, confirmed word salad. It's literally gibberish, like he threw magnets at the fridge. 

It's not particularly great, but I feel like it's still better than a lot of his previous work. TDW was a complete mess 90% of the time and I have no idea what most of those songs are about

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scoobs said:

Idk if i've understood what the lyrics are trying to say from an AVA song in like... 3 albums

haha that's what I was thinking...people actually listen to AVA for the lyrics? They make no sense 90% of the time

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

haha that's what I was thinking...people actually listen to AVA for the lyrics? They make no sense 90% of the time

I mean yeah they're mostly garbage but people were acting like they're awesome and meaningful because he's done it about the current pandemic... Makes the terrible lyrics standout way more than normal. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ghent said:

Good song, but not sure what it has to do with anything. Blink's never really been known for their lyrics

Dunno, I've always thought blink lyrics (especially the Mark songs) were pretty good until the Take Off album. Then they had good lyrics again for the smiley face album. Mark nailed the +44 lyrics whereas I always felt the lyrics on the first AVA album weren't too bad outside of a few shit lines. Then the AVA lyrics just got worse and worse or full of complete nonsense to the point only one or two songs an album had decent lyrics.

Neighborhoods had songs with great lyrics but songs with a few shit lyrics as well, mainly on the Tom songs. Then Tom just had good lyrics again on DED before reverting back to nonsense again for TDW. It's nice to see a Tom song that isn't about utter nonsense for once. I actually find the lyrics of this song decent compared to most AVA. Nothing amazing but nothing shit either.

• Like 4

On 4/23/2020 at 8:00 PM, Ghent said:

I listen to ava for the Tom guitar/melodies. If blink had any audible guitar it would be great but sadly I can hardly make any instrument in there, they've become too modern for me in terms of the crammed sound they go for. Hope they hire a proper producer next time.

• Like 3