Blink 182 songs used in television/movies

Meltdown Tracker

We all know about their involvement in the American Pie movies (their cameo as well as their music being used), but what other shows or movies have you heard their music in?

Anthem Part II was used in the movie Boyhood. 

All the Small Things in their cameo in the Simpsons.

I remember hearing First Date in that show Andy Richter Controls the Universe; it was in a scene where one of the characters had to clean up the house really quickly after a house party before their parents got home or something. 

some of my first introduction to the band was syncs in tv/film. i knew ATST already from radio, but hearing first date in the nickelodeon movie clockstoppers as a kid really started to develop my fandom. today i consider blink to be the best of the pop punk bunch, vastly superior in songwriting IMO, but first date is so accessible and perfect... it could be any of the rest of 'em. it's just a great tune that was perfectly placed in a tween film.

boyhood's certainly a more recent and surprising usage. american pie 2 beginning with ETILFY was always a great one for me. imdb also lists man overboard as a song in the pilot for cavemen, the short-lived ABC sitcom starring the geico cavemen. wtf? haha

• Love 1

If I remember correctly, there was some reality show about teens on the WB or UPN channel back in the day (long before the CW was a thing), and Down was actually the theme song.  I don't think the show lasted more than a year, but to be the theme song is a pretty big deal.

That Jim Jefrries show, Legit, used I Miss You real effectively in one episode.

6 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

ATST was in an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Something Blue, Season 4, to be precise. 

Not that I'm a total dork or anything... 

36 minutes ago, Scott. said:

There was a whole show on prime time tv in the uk where the lad was autistic I think and was obsessed with Tom Delonge and they had blink songs throughout. 

Fuck I remember cunts talking about that on here. Whole choir singing a song at some point. Cringe.

On 4/19/2020 at 6:43 AM, Thibaut182 said:

Dammit in Can't Hardly Wait and Bubble Boy but also Enthused which was on the Idle Hands soundtrack but not in the movie.

Oh yeah Bubble Boy! I remember noticing that the one time I saw that movie, which happened to be in the theater when it came out haha. Didn't the line "well I guess this is growing up" pop up several times throughout the movie?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elisa said:

Yes, that show with the autistic kid and the choir was on MTV here. I think it was in 2008 or 2009. I watched some of it but I don't remember the name of the show.

Was called All The Small Things. I’ve got it on DVD actually and know a lot of people that worked on it. A bit cringey but I still love that the BBC made a drama about a kid obsessed with Blink and got the local choir singing Blink songs. Might try watching it again during lockdown!

• Like 1