blink-182 Song Election - Buddha

yodda

Back back way back we go

I know there's a lot of Cheshire here but I think it would be weird to not include them - especially when some are better/worse than the Cheshire takes.
I'm also including two tracks from the era that aren't on the remastered version.

The way it works is you all post the song you like the least from the list of songs and each day I eliminate the song with the most votes.

In other words
The rule is vote for the song you like the least every day and eventually the most popular one will remain.

Then we can determine what is sort of the overall most agreeable song off Buddha.

Here are the songs from Buddha:

Carousel
TV
Strings
Fentoozler
Time
Romeo and Rebecca
21 Days
Sometimes
Point of View
My Pet Sally
Reebok Commercial
Toast and Bananas
The Girl Next Door
Don't
The Family Next Door
Transvestite

it would feel weird to vote for an exclusive to Buddha track first
out of the tracks that would be on Chesire, in my opinion
the takes of TV, Strings and Carousel are better on Buddha
while
the takes of Romeo and Rebecca, Sometimes, Toast and Bananas and Fentoozler are better on Cheshire

so I'll vote for Romeo and Rebecca

11 minutes ago, yodda said:

Back back way back we go

I know there's a lot of Cheshire here but I think it would be weird to not include them - especially when some are better/worse than the Cheshire takes.
I'm also including two tracks from the era that aren't on the remastered version.

The way it works is you all post the song you like the least from the list of songs and each day I eliminate the song with the most votes.

In other words
The rule is vote for the song you like the least every day and eventually the most popular one will remain.

Then we can determine what is sort of the overall most agreeable song off Buddha.

Carousel
TV
Strings
Fentoozler
Time
Romeo and Rebecca
21 Days
Sometimes
Point of View
My Pet Sally
Reebok Commercial
Toast and Bananas
The Girl Next Door
Don't
The Family Next Door
Transvestite

it would feel weird to vote for an exclusive to Buddha track first
out of the tracks that would be on Chesire, in my opinion
the takes of TV, Strings and Carousel are better on Buddha
while
the takes of Romeo and Rebecca, Sometimes, Toast and Bananas and Fentoozler are better on Cheshire

so I'll vote for Romeo and Rebecca

So I guess this is my shot to once again suggest doing The Mark, Tom, and Travis Show. You’re willing to include the same songs we’ve already voted for here, but not for TMTTS? The versions between Buddha and Cheshire Cat are more similar than they are between these albums and TMTTS. Just sayin...

and I vote for Sometimes 

• Like 1

Transvestite is not the song it used to be
16th place

Carousel
TV
Strings
Fentoozler
Time
Romeo and Rebecca
21 Days
Sometimes
Point of View
My Pet Sally
Reebok Commercial
Toast and Bananas
The Girl Next Door
Don't
The Family Next Door

still going for R & R

3 minutes ago, yodda said:

Transvestite is not the song it used to be
16th place

Carousel
TV
Strings
Fentoozler
Time
Romeo and Rebecca
21 Days
Sometimes
Point of View
My Pet Sally
Reebok Commercial
Toast and Bananas
The Girl Next Door
Don't
The Family Next Door

still going for R & R

You ignored me so I’ll ask again. Your main reasoning against not doing TMTTS was because we had already voted on those songs. Even tho the live versions are way different if you’re talking about the songs made before Enema. Yet, now you are doing Buddha when we already did Cheshire Cat, and the differences in these versions are much smaller than the difference between them and the MTTS. So what gives?

• Like 1

It’s a tad hypocritical but there’s only 7 double up songs here as opposed to like 20

also on what basis are we ranking them? How well they are played live? How distinctively they are played live? How good the song is on its own? 

i really don’t know what it would prove?

3 hours ago, yodda said:

It’s a tad hypocritical but there’s only 7 double up songs here as opposed to like 20

also on what basis are we ranking them? How well they are played live? How distinctively they are played live? How good the song is on its own? 

Not trying to prove anything. Just thought it would be fun. Seems more fun than doing CC and Buddha to be honest. Was curious to see how people would vote for the live songs vs recorded versions, as well as songs representing different albums. I don’t know why you don’t like that idea...I really feel like I’m on to something here lol

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Not trying to prove anything. Just thought it would be fun. Seems more fun than doing CC and Buddha to be honest. Was curious to see how people would vote for the live songs vs recorded versions, as well as songs representing different albums. I don’t know why you don’t like that idea...I really feel like I’m on to something here lol

You’re really not. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, yodda said:

All of those songs are better than the album versions though tbf. 

• Like 1