blink-182 Song Election - BEST SONG

yodda

The Only Thing That Matters is one of the few California songs that actually has a classic blink vibe to it and is done well. It'd easily fit on TOYPAJ. Wasting Time is one of the songs I've never understood the hype for from these boards, so I'ma vote that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

The Only Thing That Matters is one of the few California songs that actually has a classic blink vibe to it and is done well. It'd easily fit on TOYPAJ. Wasting Time is one of the songs I've never understood the hype for from these boards, so I'ma vote that.

To me it just sounded false, like they were purposefully trying to replicate the sound of Take Off Your Pants or that blink feel , which they had already evolved from - Like it didn't feel organic or real to me

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

To me it just sounded false, like they were purposefully trying to replicate the sound of Take Off Your Pants or that blink feel , which they had already evolved from - Like it didn't feel organic or real to me

But it all happened so organically in the studio

11 minutes ago, Jan's Plan said:

But it all happened so organically in the studio

True ! At least they were in the same room - California is pretty much Star Wars - The Force Awakens. Trying to forcibly recapture what made them blink/star wars in the first place. Works at times  , fails and looks transparent in others by going over trodden out tropes etc. In each case, got my nostalgia giddy for a bit, but would rather they push for something new 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, _Bagel said:

True ! At least they were in the same room - California is pretty much Star Wars - The Force Awakens. Trying to forcibly recapture what made them blink/star wars in the first place. Works at times  , fails and looks transparent in others by going over trodden out tropes etc. In each case, got my nostalgia giddy for a bit, but would rather they push for something new 

Don't worry, we already had that debate ad-nauseam.  The problem is the same people that loved California also loved Force Awakens aka they belong here

sheep-941910_1280.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jan's Plan said:

Don't worry, we already had that debate ad-nauseam.  The problem is the same people that loved California also loved Force Awakens aka they belong here

sheep-941910_1280.jpg

Did you? There was me thinking I was all original and shit, making some intriguing insight at a dinner party -  I probably stole the point from someone else anyway haha.

Yeah, nostalgia is a powerful drug. baaaaaa

• Like 1