blink-182 Song Election - BEST SONG

yodda

9 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

Did you? There was me thinking I was all original and shit, making some intriguing insight at a dinner party -  I probably stole the point from someone else anyway haha.

Yeah, nostalgia is a powerful drug. baaaaaa

Yeah they both give you a nice high to see shiny lightsabers and some resemblance of pop punk with Mark & Travis again but both have no originality resulting in a shelf life of like 2 months.  I think the effort was there in California they just didn't have it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, _Bagel said:

To me it just sounded false, like they were purposefully trying to replicate the sound of Take Off Your Pants or that blink feel , which they had already evolved from - Like it didn't feel organic or real to me

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I definitely feel the whole album isn't genuine haha. With Tom in the band, that song wouldn't have got made at all. I could maybe see a couple of songs on the album if Tom was involved, although they'd sound mad different.

But I do feel that song was one of the few that successfully captured the classic blink sound unlike the other tracks from the album.

• Like 4

I don't agree with California being a nostalgia album. Half the songs stink and the ones I like are just good songs, many of which sound nothing like old blink-182 such as "No Future" or "California". Also the production sounds nothing like Enema or TOYPAJ. It's more poppy but that doesn't mean they're copying their old sound. It's just what they do

Since this is the finale let’s all actually just vote for our least favourite song each time. None of this “I actually like this song and there are others I like way less but it’s neck and neck with another song I like more so I’m voting it out to save that one”.

It’s lame. Have some spine and back yourself even if you’re the only one voting that song for 4 rounds in a row. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Since this is the finale let’s all actually just vote for our least favourite song each time. None of this “I actually like this song and there are others I like way less but it’s neck and neck with another song I like more so I’m voting it out to save that one”.

It’s lame. Have some spine and back yourself even if you’re the only one voting that song for 4 rounds in a row. 

It would be a more fun thing if everyone followed this

• Like 1

After constantly voting for songs that never get voted off whilst all my favourites get shanghai'd you can bet I'll play dirty. Fuck that, I'll vote how I like. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Kay said:

After constantly voting for songs that never get voted off whilst all my favourites get shanghai'd you can bet I'll play dirty. Fuck that, I'll vote how I like. 

While I completely disagree with everything you’ve just said, you were on 9999 positive points and I had to like it in order to give you number 10000. Congrats but you're lame.

• Haha 2

Just now, Russel Coight said:

While I completely disagree with everything you’ve just said, you were on 9999 positive points and I had to like it in order to give you number 10000. Congrats but you're lame.

Yeeeeah im ashamed that's the post that reaches it but I appreciate the charity! 

On 5/20/2020 at 4:40 AM, yodda said:

Okay as far as I'm concerned we have covered all the blink material worth covering.

I'm taking all the songs from the blink elections that placed first and second and pitting them against each other. I figured I'd include the second place songs because several elections had close finishes.

This way we can sort of determine the best overall blink song according to this board.

Here are the best of the best blink songs:

21 Days
Reebok Commercial
Carousel
Wasting Time
Pathetic
Dammit
Dysentery Gary
Dumpweed
Everytime I Look For You
Reckless Abandon
Feeling This
Not Now
Stockholm Syndrome
Kaleidoscope
Ghost On The Dancefloor
Built This Pool
The Only Thing That Matters
The First Time
Heaven

So you’re including an AVA song but not +44?

Everytime I look for you