blink-182 Song Election - BEST SONG

yodda

9 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Yeah totally. We should absolutely do the Mark, Tom and Travis show next all the songs are so different! I can’t believe nobody has had that idea yet. Crazy.

While I don't think it was necessary to do TMTTS because most of the songs sound like the studio versions (and recorded in studio), Diddy's point does have merit.  There are a lot of songs by other bands that I like the live versions much better and would rank the songs higher because of it. 

• Crab 1

1 hour ago, Jan's Plan said:

Dammit and Pathetic are mid tier Dude Ranch surprised they got here over some classics. Pathetic is only great live, good song, not top 3.

Pathetic

Pathetic has always been in my top 5 blink songs for as long as I've known it, all versions. It's like the perfect old blink track, split vocal, fast, fun, simple, cute little riff and yeah it's just perfect. 

20 minutes ago, Kay said:

Pathetic has always been in my top 5 blink songs for as long as I've known it, all versions. It's like the perfect old blink track, split vocal, fast, fun, simple, cute little riff and yeah it's just perfect. 

It's a great song, I think the problem is I saw the live version first and obsessed with it because the first split vocals like that, then when I got to the album version I was a bit underwhelmed, making the other 'new' Dude Ranch songs stand out more.

1 hour ago, Jan's Plan said:

It's a great song, I think the problem is I saw the live version first and obsessed with it because the first split vocals like that, then when I got to the album version I was a bit underwhelmed, making the other 'new' Dude Ranch songs stand out more.

Ah see I had the opposite. Loved the original for years, heard the live and liked the extras, but still loved the original. 

• Like 1

Gotta pick Dammit. It's a good song but I have the same opinion of it as I do with songs like ATST. It's an overplayed single and blink have way more better songs than that. Pathetic, Dick Lips, Apple Shampoo, Untitled and Emo are better songs from Dude Ranch I think. No way that Dammit is in the top 3 of blink's entire catalogue IMO.

• Like 1