Here's the Wayback Archive of one of the best blink fan sites from the late 90s/early 2000s I frequented a lot back in the day. This guy was a friend of the band. He let them crash at his place when they played in Texas back in 95 I think?

blinkstillrules

On 6/18/2020 at 12:18 PM, asdf182 said:

Conspiracy theory: Scott left blink because of this but they thought it would be lame to say this so they went for the more rockstar/punk story of him leaving because of alcohol abuse

Conspiracy theory #2: Blink kicked out Scott because he wasn't very attractive/didn't have the sex appeal to drive sales, and wasn't as good a drummer as Travis. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, Tom Bot said:

Conspiracy theory #2: Blink kicked out Scott because he wasn't very attractive/didn't have the sex appeal to drive sales, and wasn't as good a drummer as Travis. 

truth: scott didn't want to be an MTV / TRL bitch, he wanted to tour at a comfortable bad religion level for his career.

20 minutes ago, asdf182 said:

Obviously. I'm just saying it's weird how they never call him by name, maybe they just think nobody even remembers him.

His role wasn't Scott in the band, he was the drummer, he wasn't really a personality. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, asdf182 said:

Obviously. I'm just saying it's weird how they never call him by name, maybe they just think nobody even remembers him.

It probably seems weirder NOW than it did then, because we all know the history so well by this point. At that time they were getting way more attention and doing way more interviews than ever before that spread the band to people who had never heard of them. If they were saying "Scott did this/when we did that with Scott" it would just add confusion to the mix for all the interviewers and new fans who didn't know they had an old drummer, and were wondering who the hell this "Scott" guy is. It was also probably more helpful to make Travis feel more of a part of the band to put the spotlight on him instead of mentioning Scott by name. Just saying "our old drummer" cuts through the confusion and gets to the point more efficiently. I assume they were following some kind of PR advice like that at the time.

On 6/22/2020 at 9:28 AM, Champ182 said:

If they were saying "Scott did this/when we did that with Scott" it would just add confusion to the mix for all the interviewers and new fans who didn't know they had an old drummer

i don't think it's that odd. i mean, bad religion has had what, five, six drummers in the course of their career? and they never mention any of them by name. see: spinal tap for the importance of rock drummers.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2020 at 3:07 PM, asdf182 said:

There is an interview with Mark and Tom during the reunion years wear Tom mentions Scott by name. I’m too lazy to find it but that definitely happened. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Diddy Faplord said:

There is an interview with a Mark and Tom during the reunion years wear Tom mentions Scott by name. I’m too lazy to find it but that definitely happened. 

he talks about scott by name in the pursuit of tone documentary too.

5 hours ago, Diddy Faplord said:

There is an interview with Mark and Tom during the reunion years wear Tom mentions Scott by name. I’m too lazy to find it but that definitely happened. 

I found this interview from Mark with Matt and he mentions Scott Raynor at 4:35!

• Like 1

Alright here’s the interview I was talking about. I’m definitely too lazy to find the time in video where he mentions Scott, but if my memory serves me correct, Tom even said he remembers hearing Scott playing drums  and saying “He was really good.” So I’m pretty sure he actually compliments him .