After a Tom Delonge Strat.

josepi

4 hours ago, josepi said:

Hello, I’m after a genuine tom delonge Strat in the U.K. (squier or Fender) if anyone has one for sale? 
Regards,

Joe

I actually saw one on sale just the other day for a reasonable price. I found it Here ! Good luck!

47 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I always thought warmoth was a ripoff, is that not true? 

I’ve never ordered from there, but everybody’s favorite LittleRedGuitar does all the time. But think about it, you’re getting all brand new pieces, and whatever paint job you want. You can actually buy the Fender neck with headstock Tom had separately directly from fender now. And then pay a luthier to put it all together for you. I did the math on all of this and it’s cheaper/atleast same price of buying a used Fender TD from eBay. Would cost you about $1,000-$1,200.Even if you bought a TD from eBay, you’re gonna wanna pay a luthier to set it up correctly anyways because rest assured it’s gonna be all out of wack. That’s exactly what I did with the TD I had but since sold. If I ever decide to get one again I’m going to go the warmoth route. At the end of the day it will be better quality and more bang for your buck. Really all you’re getting from warmoth is the body and whatever other parts you want to (bridge, neck, tuners, humbuckers, etc) or you can get those separately if you wish. 

13 minutes ago, blinkstillrules said:

Their bodies are nice and built to Fender spec. Pricing isn't terrible.

If you don't opt for getting the same exact neck Tom uses, you can build a TD strat for around $1000.

I mean, fair enough. Personally, I'd rather spend the $1000 on a decent strat, I can wire it up to only the bridge pick up and volume knob and invadera are an easy enough installation. I guess, my concern is how the quality of the warmoth would compare to an actual strat of the same price, you know?

12 hours ago, Speedo said:

I mean, fair enough. Personally, I'd rather spend the $1000 on a decent strat, I can wire it up to only the bridge pick up and volume knob and invadera are an easy enough installation. I guess, my concern is how the quality of the warmoth would compare to an actual strat of the same price, you know?

I think Warmoth bodies are just as good if not better in some cases. Check out Jon Poulin's (Littleredguitars2) instagram. He's always building strats and pretty much always uses Warmoth bodies.

I still have my original Fender Tom DeLonge signature model I bought back in 2001. It's graffiti yellow and mint condition. I want a surf green one, but I'm not paying $1500 plus for one that's probably all beat up and shitty so i'm gonna end up doing a Warmoth build. I will end up paying for the same neck Tom uses though, and that's really expensive. Do it once, do it right is my approach.

Depending on your budget and what exactly you want in the guitar, Warmoth is a fantastic option. You can get hardtail bodies too, if you're like me and don't want a tremolo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blinkstillrules said:

I think Warmoth bodies are just as good if not better in some cases. Check out Jon Poulin's (Littleredguitars2) instagram. He's always building strats and pretty much always uses Warmoth bodies.

I still have my original Fender Tom DeLonge signature model I bought back in 2001. It's graffiti yellow and mint condition. I want a surf green one, but I'm not paying $1500 plus for one that's probably all beat up and shitty so i'm gonna end up doing a Warmoth build. I will end up paying for the same neck Tom uses though, and that's really expensive. Do it once, do it right is my approach.

Depending on your budget and what exactly you want in the guitar, Warmoth is a fantastic option. You can get hardtail bodies too, if you're like me and don't want a tremolo.

Exactly. I’d rather pay $1,000 to do a warmoth TD that is brand new and will play better than a beat up used made in mexico Td