You think Tom has something against collabs?

M!ke

12 hours ago, Diddy Faplord said:

So a collab only counts if he is featured on someone else’s work?

I'm not saying those aren't collabs as well.  But there is something more happening when you're the one being featured vs the other way around that I'm more interested in the reasoning as to why we don't see much of that at all.  When he features an artist that means he (or his management) has to be the one to ask to make it happen, so it's easy to understand why and how those collabs occur, but when he's the one being feature, presumably the other artist has to reach out and ask if Tom would be interested, leading me to wonder if others simply don't ask him to appear in their work, or if there is more to it than that.

7 hours ago, M!ke said:

I'm not saying those aren't collabs as well.  But there is something more happening when you're the one being featured vs the other way around that I'm more interested in the reasoning as to why we don't see much of that at all.  When he features an artist that means he (or his management) has to be the one to ask to make it happen, so it's easy to understand why and how those collabs occur, but when he's the one being feature, presumably the other artist has to reach out and ask if Tom would be interested, leading me to wonder if others simply don't ask him to appear in their work, or if there is more to it than that.

I got ya, just giving you a hard time for the sake of debate lol. But I’m sure there have been countless requests to feature Tom, so he must have turned most of them down. I think there is a certain degree of integrity in not wanting to be featured on a bunch of other people’s work. And for somebody with the ego the size of Tom’s, I don’t find it surprising. Good subject to bring up!

• Like 3

I just don't think Tom cares about them, it's not like it's super common for people in rock to do a million collabs, Mark and Travis are more of an anomaly than Tom is in that way.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Kay said:

I just don't think Tom cares about them, it's not like it's super common for people in rock to do a million collabs, Mark and Travis are more of an anomaly than Tom is in that way.

Right, also I believe they have each had their own individual managers for a longgg time as well (since the original breakup and during the reunion too I think), so I assume it's just not something Tom puts out there in the industry world and Mark and Travis do.