Best Album Election!

yodda

4 hours ago, Chewy030 said:

I'm still going to go TOYPJ. 

I think that does need to go soon. Some songs I love, but have grown to  dislike  First Date/Rock Show - One because of the  lyrical content anyway, but then you find out they wrote them just because Rick Devoe said they needed two more radio-friendly singles. However - no First Date, no Boomer. Conflicted 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

I think that does need to go soon. Some songs I love, but have grown to  dislike  First Date/Rock Show - One because of the  lyrical content anyway, but then you find out they wrote them just because Rick Devoe said they needed two more radio-friendly singles. However - no First Date, no Boomer. Conflicted 

He could have created boomer and the same music video for any other song 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jan's Plan said:

It has more range tbh.

True but it's so dysfunctional and inconsistent. It's annoying asf listening to a lot of the songs on that album. Natives has such an amazing verse but a damn boring bridge. After Midnight is great in every way except the bridge. The same applies to most of that album though. There's a few dodgy lyrics as well, mainly in the Tom led songs. Then the Mark songs almost sound like +44 demos, although Kaleidoscope and Heart's All Gone are probably in my top 10 favourite blink songs. If the rest of the songs were consistently good all the way through, It'd probably be as good as the smiley face album I think but +44 is superb all the way through. That's why I can't vote that yet!

16 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Neighbourhoods is just far too inconsistent between the different songs and even parts of the same songs to deserve to beat such a well put together album like whysb imo.

Yeah but it's interesting because in 2020 cohesive albums are basically a necessity of the past.  I've grown to appreciate the variety and sparsity in neighborhoods since adapting to things like spotify and streaming.  I still listen to albums front and back but I find myself listening to Neighborhoods tracks most in my blink playlists

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jan's Plan said:

Yeah but it's interesting because in 2020 cohesive albums are basically a necessity of the past.  I've grown to appreciate the variety and sparsity in neighborhoods since growing adapting to things like spotify and streaming.  I still listen to albums front and back but I find myself listening to Neighborhoods tracks most in my blink playlists

Yeah when it comes to Neighborhoods, I had to make my own spotify playlist with an AVA song and a Tom DeLonge solo song added, along with a couple of tracks from DED. That playlist I made is way better for me than the actual Neighborhoods album blink put together, so this playlist is basically my own version of Neighborhoods. If it was like that, it'd probably be my favourite blink album ever haha.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jan's Plan said:

Yeah but it's interesting because in 2020 cohesive albums are basically a necessity of the past.  I've grown to appreciate the variety and sparsity in neighborhoods since adapting to things like spotify and streaming.  I still listen to albums front and back but I find myself listening to Neighborhoods tracks most in my blink playlists

Yeah maybe I’m weird in the fact I never do playlists. I pick an album listen from the start to the end, occasionally skipping a shitty song, and then I move onto the next album.

I don’t dislike neighbourhoods by any means but the feeling like I’m listening to three different albums mixed together makes me enjoy it less then whysb for example which just flows from start to end.

I love parts of WYHSB, but a lot of that record is kind of a durge. Little Death, Weatherman, Cliff Diving... Just so fucking dull to listen to. WYHSB has some amazing tracks but there's too much absolute boring wank on there to justify keeping it in. Neighborhoods is a total fucking mess but is more enjoyable overall. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kay said:

I love parts of WYHSB, but a lot of that record is kind of a durge. Little Death, Weatherman, Cliff Diving... Just so fucking dull to listen to. WYHSB has some amazing tracks but there's too much absolute boring wank on there to justify keeping it in. Neighborhoods is a total fucking mess but is more enjoyable overall. 

Literally the three best songs on the album other than No It Isn’t.

toypaj. It’s cringy music for 13 year olds. Don’t @ me

When Your Heart Stops Beating's heart has done just that.
7th place

Here are the remaining albums to choose from:

Dude Ranch
Enema Of The State
Take Off Your Pants And Jacket
Box Car Racer
Self-Titled
Neighborhoods

Naybee boys