All hail Lagwagon

_Bagel

8 hours ago, Elisa said:

This makes me wanna change my avatar to Uncle Junior or Paulie Walnuts. 

20 years in the can. I wanted to have blink with Tom. I compromised. I got Mark, Travis and Skiba instead.

Haha - it’s inevitable, this is now a Sopranos forum. Move over blink.

Heh Heh Heh (the walnuts cackle )  . Thing is with @Depf, he’s a snake. I mean- snakes reproduce spontaneously. They have both male and female sex organs. How can you trust a guy that can literally go fuck themselves ? 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, _Bagel said:

Haha - it’s inevitable, this is now a Sopranos forum. Move over blink.

Heh Heh Heh (the walnuts cackle )  . Thing is with @Depf, he’s a snake. I mean- snakes reproduce spontaneously. They have both male and female sex organs. How can you trust a guy that can literally go fuck themselves ? 

that animal @Depfetto! 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Q182 said:

Back on topic here...

DRINKING COFFEE, I DRINK COFFEE, DRINKING COFFEE EVERYDAAAAAAAAAAAY

Oh yeah, this thread was about Lagwagon. Fucking Joey Cape Ova here.

ON LEGAL SPEEEEEED THE AMERICAN WAY, THE AMERICAN WAY.

Very relatable song. I wish there was more old Lagwagon interviews on YouTube, I always find jack shit from the 90’s 

On 7/7/2020 at 3:28 PM, _Bagel said:

I wish there was more old Lagwagon interviews on YouTube, I always find jack shit from the 90’s 

Here ya go!

A playlist paying tribute to their first drummer Derrick Plourde that's full of old videos from the Wagon, from 1989-1995

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

who's got a smoke for the caper, you fuckin' fuckos???

Fuck-  they better not fall apart yet. Need to make the pilgrimage and pray at the holy church of Caper live.

Read an interview today. Joey says he doesn’t really  consider himself a writer as such and that melody is his strong point (WHAT, your lyrics are fucking poetry in motion man) also he sees himself as more of an accidental frontman. Guy is charismatic as fuck on stage. I guess the best of us are modest. Not to battle them against each other,  but I think The Caper is as intelligent as Fat Mike thinks he himself is, just with a fat dose of humility 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

21 minutes ago, Q182 said:

THANK YOU

I’m glad you’ve thought this as well!

He undersells himself and over-delivers, that’s what makes him so damn likeable. It’s kind of the opposite of what Mike does.

He’s tackled a lot of the same themes in his songs religion, homophobia, depression/suicide , drug abuse, partying, post 9/11 America etc. His lyrics are more subtle, poetic, his vocabulary is expansive.

Also, Joey would never kick anyone in the fucking face for grabbing him / jumping on stage. He knows that’s part and parcel of a punk show. Lagwagon did NOFX better than NOFX did 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

He undersells himself and over-delivers, that’s what makes him so damn likeable. It’s kind of the opposite of what Mike does.

He’s tackled a lot of the same themes in his songs religion, homophobia, depression/suicide , drug abuse, partying, post 9/11 America etc. His lyrics are more subtle, poetic, his vocabulary is expansive.

Also, Joey would never kick anyone in the fucking face for grabbing him / jumping on stage. He knows that’s part and parcel of a punk show. Lagwagon did NOFX better than NOFX did 

Lagwagon is 5 of the humblest dudes playing kickass music. NOFX is the exact opposite (save Smelly and Hefe).

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how I haven't brought this up yet but this video is the way I got into the Wagon. Having the songs listed in the description was a huge help so I knew where to start; and Kye is just a legend in his own right.

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, daveyjones said:

the caper does that one solo too. he also has a wall of firewood, which is impressive.

I love that performance. Had the priviledge to see him play this song on an accoustic guitar twice just in front of me, it's magical. However I prefer the normal version. I love the fast part of the song. I usually listen to it when I go skateboarding.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thibaut182 said:

Thought you would appreciate this video

I was literally just watching this the other day. I dropped a comment saying how at 5:50, Mike says they almost broke up after Hoss. I expand on this saying it was because Derrick quit and Caper didn’t want to play with another drummer. Mike convinced them to not end the band and find a new drummer, which they found in Dave Raun.

As someone who played those first three Wagon records A LOT while drumming, I don’t blame him. Derrick was a true original.