All hail Lagwagon

_Bagel

6 hours ago, Q182 said:

Seriously! Twelve Steps... is also fantastic, has my favorite BA track on it (Stillwater, California)

What a song, good choice sir. I love Ghostrwite...Minus was also the first BA song I ever heard.

What Tats do you have @Speedo ? This will be my first

• Like 1

12 hours ago, _Bagel said:

What a song, good choice sir

It holds a special place because I’m a massive RKL fan and the the shoutouts Caper gives in the chorus:

“And it survives you
Hey Derrick
Soils you
Hey Jason
Silences you
Hey Bomer”

Apart from being the first Wagon drummer, Derrick played in RKL from 2000-2002. All three of them passed in 2005/2006. Twelve Steps was one of the last records Derrick played on before he died.

16 hours ago, _Bagel said:

What a song, good choice sir. I love Ghostrwite...Minus was also the first BA song I ever heard.

What Tats do you have @Speedo ? This will be my first

I have two, my Screeching Weasel tat and the New Wave panther. The SW one was just a spur of the moment decision when I was in Brooklyn but the Against Me! one was paid for by Warren, the drummer at the time, when I saw them in Glasgow so it has a cool back story. 

6ee7d5a67d854a2dd9ed9934ac77ed34--band-l

mwo,x1000,ipad_2_snap-pad,750x1000,f8f8f

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Depf said:

the fuck outta here, it seems we gotta share warren stories. super bummed he stopped way back then. def my favorite of the bunch and a super nice guy.

He was fucking great, him and Andrew both were extremely cool everytime we saw them and actually remembered me and my friends throughout the years. I doubt they'd recognize me anymore though. We met up with them at SxSW in Austin and they got us in the show and on stage to sing We Laugh At Danger ... Laura and James were always cool too but I never interacted with James that much and Laura was always intimidating. She still took every picture and chatted everytime I talked to her and she always responded on Twitter but I Warren and Andrew were always out and about before and after shows and would let us tag along.

9 minutes ago, Depf said:

aight, copy paste for me. was only warren though that i actually spent some time with to talk music/traveling the few times we met. tom/laura was always in the bathroom, the poor thing did not take well to the german beer. came out very sober and energized though to play the shows! 

i really gotta stop going off topic in this thread, i do love lagwagon.

anywho.

blaze > hoss.  fight me

Blaze is my favorite, hands down.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I always forget how big the fucking giant is.

When I saw them in NJ on tour for Railer, I walked up to Flip while they were waiting to go on stage. He fucking towered over me. To put things in perspective, I'm six foot two. Usually I'm the one that towers over everyone 🤣

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Q182 said:

When I saw them in NJ on tour for Railer, I walked up to Flip while they were waiting to go on stage. He fucking towered over me. To put things in perspective, I'm six foot two. Usually I'm the one that towers over everyone 🤣

I'm like 5'8, that fucker scares me.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Very cool trivia (which I just found out today!)

The intro of Change Despair is from the movie "Welcome to The Dollhouse" from 1995. Mind blowing!

Bye For Now introduction from Chips

Lazy introduction (from the Buffy The Vampire Slayer movie from 1992)

Mama Said Knock One Out (from the movie The Last Boy Scout)

No Use For A Name also did this for certain songs (On the Outside, Not Your Savior, Lies Can't Pretend, Pride, The Answer is Still No to name a few)

• Love 1

Still exploring these guys, but so far Blaze has been one of the best listens I've had in a long time, love everything about them.

So far:

1. Falling Apart 2. Dancing the Collapse 3. Bombs Away 4. Owen Meany 5. Never Stops 6. Automatic 7. Baggage 8. I Must Be Hateful 9. Gun In Your Hands 10. Change Despair 11. Train 12. Angry Days 13. Unfurnished 14. May 16

For my most listened to/favorited songs