The Last of Us Part 2 (NO SPOILERS)

Adrianm14

Anyone else on here excited for this to come out next week ? Im currently playing through the first again since it came out 7 years ago and its barley aged at all. It's incredible, my favourite game of all time. 

Please don't post any spoilers as I know some have leaked and Im lucky enough not to stumble upon any yet. 

I’m super pumped for it. Can’t wait for it!

Unfortunately I did stumble across what I can assume are some potentially major spoilers although I don’t know how it all fits into the story, but do not worry I won’t post shit here.

On 6/18/2020 at 8:12 AM, _Kyle_ said:

I still think the first game is good presentation wrapped up in a mediocre video game. 

This has always been my opinion on the first title.  I see so much praise for the game as a great video game, yet all everyone ever talks about is the story and cinematics.  The gameplay of The Last of Us isn't frankly all that amazing in my opinion.  It's fine, but in all reality, it always just felt like an interactive long movie.  Nothing necessarily wrong with that, I'm sure plenty of people want that with their video games, but for me, I'm in it more to have fun with the gameplay while story tends to come second, if I want a great story, I'd rather just watch a movie or TV show.  Like I bet The Last of Us TV show in the works will be exactly the format that I'd rather receive this kind of story from.

On 6/18/2020 at 4:12 PM, _Kyle_ said:

I still think the first game is good presentation wrapped up in a mediocre video game. 

This is the second game as well. Haven't got a console but I played about a third of the game at my friend's yesterday. Zombies are just such a meh.

On 6/19/2020 at 9:51 AM, prankerd14 said:

Anyone started it yet?

Its awesome, super fun. I tend to lose interest in story mode with most games but i might see myself finishing this one. Loving the story. Not really sure why so many people are bitching and giving it a low score, all critics are giving it a solid 10. 

even my gf is watching me play because she thinks its like a movie haha

On 6/23/2020 at 1:29 AM, Russel Coight said:

Yeah I’m about 6ish hours in and loving it. The criticism is just from angry incels it was review bombed hard.

I also read its because of the gay thing, plus your playing a girl so Naughty Dog is like so PC bro

16 hours ago, Reg said:

I also read its because of the gay thing, plus your playing a girl so Naughty Dog is like so PC bro

Well if you’re giving a game a shit rating just because it has gay characters and you play as a girl(which they said you would from the start) then let’s be honest you’re an angry incel.

I saw screenshots of people who said they hadn’t even played it but we’re giving it low ratings for those reasons. So lame.

anyway I’m about 15 hours in haven’t been able to play too much. Loving it still though. Keep this thread spoiler free!

Completed it and loved it, not sure what the beef is tbh.

I actually enjoyed the second half nearly as much of the first, was quite cool seeing the other side of the story. Really can't see how it was enough for people to not finish it/delete/snap their discs in half for attention - fucking pathetic.

I will def play through it again in the next few months.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

I actually enjoyed the second half nearly as much of the first, was quite cool seeing the other side of the story. Really can't see how it was enough for people to not finish it/delete/snap their discs in half for attention - fucking pathetic.

Come on though mate, when that tsunami hits, it's almost unplayable. 

• Wow 1

8 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

I deleted it because i just didn't like the story in the second half - found it boring, repetitive and i just couldn't get behind a character i was supposed to hate - It felt unnatural/forced the way they tried to make you like this character.

Spoiler

I found myself just rushing through the levels so that i could play as Ellie again. But it just kept going on and on and on...

My whole excitement behind this game was Ellie's quest for revenge - which is why i really enjoyed the first half of the game. 

Just finished it!

Spoiler

Great game. Obviously not as strong as the first one but still a solid game and story. The combat was far superior in this one but the story in one was too good to top.

I really enjoyed playing as Abby. Was cool to see what’s going on on the other side and not have it feel like the entire world just revolves around Ellie.

• Like 1