Left Alone 

On Some Emo Shit

Heaven 

Black Rain 

Long Lost Feeling 

No Heart to Speak Of

Last Train Home 

Remember to Forget Me

I tried to make it gradually flow from more upbeat blink to more moody blink. I would swap the order of Black Rain and Heaven to have Black Rain lead off the “darker” side (pun?) but Heaven and Long Lost Feeling have the same BTD-style riff in the beginning.

On 6/11/2020 at 7:07 PM, Diddy Faplord said:

Look up live videos of Dysentary Gary with Tom and Skiba. It’s one of the trickier blink songs to play...but tell me who plays it better. If your answer is Tom you’re wrong lol 

Look at you...always being the authority and telling everyone they're wrong.  Totally a CMU person 🤣

• 8 months later...

So I actually have a Blink with Skiba playlist now and it's only 11 songs, Ransom massively grown on me the past 12 months:

1. Bored to Death

2. Darkside

3. No heart to speak of

4. San Diego

5. Pin the Grenade

6. Home is such a lonely place

7. Ransom

8. Heaven

9. Last Train Home

10. On some emo shit

11. Long lost feeling 

Last Train Home and Long Lost Feeling are 2 of my favourite songs at the minute, along with +44 album. I guess this just shows how low I am right now.

• Like 3

If you forced me to listen to both now I'd probably only be able to do

1. First Time

2. Ransom

3. Last Train Home

4. Long Lost Feeling

5. Wildfire (idk why I like this one)

6. TOTTM (maybe)

7. Run Away (maybe)

8. Cynical (only for the mems of when this album first came out)

The rest can get in the bin.

• Like 1
  • Crab 1

On 2/19/2021 at 11:14 AM, Gaslit Jan said:

If you forced me to listen to both now I'd probably only be able to do

1. First Time

2. Ransom

3. Last Train Home

4. Long Lost Feeling

5. Wildfire (idk why I like this one)

6. TOTTM (maybe)

7. Run Away (maybe)

8. Cynical (only for the mems of when this album first came out)

The rest can get in the bin.

Wildfire is a gem! It gets hated on unfairly around here 

• Like 2
  • Crab 1

3 minutes ago, Mohammad Wall-E said:

Wildfire is a gem! It gets hated on unfairly around here 

The pre-chorus is orgasmic.  The overall pacing and tone of the song is great.  Verses are fine (despite some lyrical spots). It's just the chorus or whatever Matt's part is there irks people a lot which I understand, but it's over quick.

• Like 1

I'm one of the haters of Wildfire. Still a trash song to me. it sounds more like Four Year Strong or something. Might be the worst blink song of all time. It's a 1/10 song for me. The only thing that stops that song from being a 0/10 funnily enough is the call and response vocals in the 2nd verse. Skiba's voice sounds good with Mark's especially when he's not yelling.

It's Los Angeles I love from California. That song is fucking great. I'm biased with that one though cause the intro of it gives me Fighting the Gravity vibes and I love that song.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Oh god, you're one of the "i HaTe SkIbA's YeLlInG" guys.

How dare he add some different qualities to his vocal performance.

Nah, he yells in Darkside and I love his voice in that. Been told my singing voice sounds similar to that actually 😂

• Like 1

I'd drop No Future and Hey I'm Sorry from California and On Some Emo Shit and Remember to Forget Me off Nine and call it good.

If we're counting the Deluxe, add Parking Lot, Wildfire, and Good Ole Days. Wouldn't add any of the others

1 hour ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Oh god, you're one of the "i HaTe SkIbA's YeLlInG" guys.

How dare he add some different qualities to his vocal performance.

Dude, the yelling is annoying.  It just doesn't fit blink, at all.  I like Alkaline too, but man does he do nothing but yell in blink it's so obnoxious.

2 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

I'm one of the haters of Wildfire. Still a trash song to me. it sounds more like Four Year Strong or something. Might be the worst blink song of all time. It's a 1/10 song for me. The only thing that stops that song from being a 0/10 funnily enough is the call and response vocals in the 2nd verse. Skiba's voice sounds good with Mark's especially when he's not yelling.

It's Los Angeles I love from California. That song is fucking great. I'm biased with that one though cause the intro of it gives me Fighting the Gravity vibes and I love that song.

It's funny that it seems like everyone has the same perception of Cali/deluxe/nine overall, but all have different takes on the songs.  Like I hate hate hate, despise Misery, Parking Lot, BIOMY, Black Rain, don't really like No heart to speak of, San Diego, or Soohm either...

But I like Wildfire, Sober, Los Angeles, which most people hate.

• Like 1
  • Crab 1

14 minutes ago, Gaslit Jan said:

Dude, the yelling is annoying.  It just doesn't fit blink, at all.  I like Alkaline too, but man does he do nothing but yell in blink it's so obnoxious.

I like it a lot, I think it actually brings more dynamic sounds into the songs and makes it interesting to listen to. 

It's also used in a lot of the more "emotional" parts of songs, adds to the vibe.

edit: Plus it reminds me of when Alk3 plays "Crawl" and Skiba yells "CRAWL THERE" live and it's incredible.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

I always thought 'Hey I'm Sorry' was a really special post-Tom song. Mature, somber and the level they should be writing at.

I liked it a lot ... wish it was a little more stripped down though. I like my music a little less computerized. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tricky Dick Nixon said:

I liked it a lot ... wish it was a little more stripped down though. I like my music a little less computerized. 

Yeah - couldn't escape the Feldman robot vocaliser fully. Fuckin' Feldman

• Like 1

1 hour ago, _Bagel said:

I always thought 'Hey I'm Sorry' was a really special post-Tom song. Mature, somber and the level they should be writing at.

If it had a better chorus, it'd be basically perfect. The verses are easily superior to like 99% of new blinks stuff. 

• Like 3