Podcast with Davey Jones part 1

blinkstillrules

Great part 1. 

Hopefully Mark listens and releases the damn DR demos! Great shout out advocating for a DR anniversary dual disc release.

Totally related to the part toward the end when Davey talks about how when a band signed to a major back then, everyone was all "ok fuck this band now. Fucking sell outs".

That happened way too much back then. I remember that all too well. I never bought into that shit. If I liked a band, I liked them. But it definitely went on.

Looking forward to part 2.

• Like 5

Thanks for listening! It’s up on the normal podcast platforms already, still working on YouTube.

I’ll update this post with links and such shortly.

Links:
Spotify
Apple Podcasts
Stitcher
Google Podcasts

YouTube:

ZAZjDiR.jpg

Here are some of Davey's photos we are sharing for the first time! We will be sharing more throughout the next couple weeks on the blink182online social media accounts.

0XN0TyU.jpg

MQAy17Q.jpg

cyxoJWi.jpg

6XW5P6l.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, luisbootlegs said:

I still smuggle beers on my nutsack these days (especially at music festivals where the price of beer is ridiculously expensive). Not very pleasant for my balls as the cans are usually freezing but it's definitely worth it 🍻.

How many could you possibly get in that way, 1? 2?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just listened to the episode, I'm blown away by all those crazy memories from Davey! This is possibly the best episode to date (can't wait for the 2 other parts for sure!). Learned so much new stuff and this is such an insightful conversation with the legend davey !

Especially those letter correspondance and Mark's voicemail messages 😃

• Like 3

2 hours ago, luisbootlegs said:

I still smuggle beers on my nutsack these days (especially at music festivals where the price of beer is ridiculously expensive). Not very pleasant for my balls as the cans are usually freezing but it's definitely worth it 🍻.

I, too, just recently did this last summer haha.

18 hours ago, Speedo said:

How many could you possibly get in that way, 1? 2?

If it's only one, I place it on my nutsack. Sometimes I did two (one on my nutsack and one under my belt, right above my cock) - You can barely walk with two beers under your pants!, it's pretty noticeable. One of my mates did 3 last year - that's another level. 

Every summer there's a skate-punk music festival in my hometown and my friends and I do it all the time, you are allowed to go in and out as much as you want.