Podcast with Davey Jones part 1

blinkstillrules

2 hours ago, luisbootlegs said:

@daveyjones - Do you remember the date and venue where you took the picture above?
This one I believe is from one of the shows they played at the Ventura Concert Theatre in July 1998. Do you remember the exact date of this one too?
Thanks for sharing these pictures

yes luis, i have all my ticket stubs. you'll hear some of the dates on the second podcast, i think.

the ventura theater dates were july 28 and 29, 1998 w/ homegrown. poo poo pee pee tour. i went to both but i only took pics on one night (green music man; above). i do not know which.

the SOMA dates were october 24 and 25, 1998. poo poo pee pee tour. first time travis played SOMA. i took pics on both nights, but do not know which is which. for one night mark is wearing a light blue shirt (above). for the other he is wearing a dark blue shirt.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, daveyjones said:

the ventura theater dates were july 28 and 29, 1998 w/ homegrown. poo poo pee pee tour. i went to both but i only took pics on one night (green music man; above). i do not know which.

Mystery solved davey!

That green music man picture is from July 29th 1998 (as a source I have another picture of that same day of the band doing a meet & greet just before the gig and Mark and Travis are wearing the same clothes (Ernie Ball shirt and visor hat for Mark and same snapback and shirt for Travis)

18157702_434098776944760_520897012856898

1 hour ago, thongrider said:

most of adults had one in the 90s here. 

in 96, even in southern california, they were an indulgence. you'd see celebs and hollywood people with them. that was it.

norway appears to have been ahead of the curve in this area. for example, in 1997 the norwegian telecommunications network is fully digitalized, one of the first in the world: https://timelines.issarice.com/wiki/Timeline_of_telephony_in_Norway

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

in 96, even in southern california, they were an indulgence. you'd see celebs and hollywood people with them. that was it.

norway appears to have been ahead of the curve in this area. for example, in 1997 the norwegian telecommunications network is fully digitalized, one of the first in the world: https://timelines.issarice.com/wiki/Timeline_of_telephony_in_Norway

That's interesting! I always thought we were far behind. 

17 hours ago, thongrider said:

Weird I got mine in 2001 at 11 and most of adults had one in the 90s here. 

I mean I was one of the last ones in my class to get one, but even then I'd say it was like 12 or 13 you'd get a cell back in 2001-2004. Nowadays it's like you buy your kid one at 6 years old.