Cultural impact: Blink vs Green Day

theedge00

Cultural Impact  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which band made the bigger cultural impact?

• Blink
    • Green Day

3 hours ago, thongrider said:

The Doors is a band is so boring and mediocre that my feeling towards them depend on the person I'm talking to. I just don't understand how someone could love/hate such a meh band, so I always get defensive on the other side. 

I feel that way about Queen. Vastly overrated imho, they made one or two good songs. 

• Wow 1

Queen is like the opposite for me. Some songs are simply brilliant and some are annoying the shit out of me (some are BOTH) so I understand when someone either loves them or hates them. The Doors could never compare to anything Freddy Mercury could write when it comes to brilliance, but could also never make me as furious inside as some of those Queen songs.

Queen = Green Day

Blink = Van Halen

Pretty simple stuff guys. And 'hits' can be a term for 'swing and a miss, or a hit' don't need to get all technical and bring up charts. Of course green day is more universally accepted which is also part of their lesser appeal than blink

7 hours ago, Nasa said:

God, Queen get way too much hype.

yea, they were always weaksauce to me. singers should not sound like brits. that's why oasis sucks so bad. led zep sounded like americans, so they are ok. if you're going to sing in english, you'd better sound american. it's the only way.

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1
  • Crab 1

1 hour ago, daveyjones said:

yea, they were always weaksauce to me. singers should not sound like brits. that's why oasis sucks so bad. led zep sounded like americans, so they are ok. if you're going to sing in english, you'd better sound american. it's the only way.

I like it when they sound Russian

• Like 1

On 6/20/2020 at 5:45 PM, daveyjones said:

i know, i'm trolling you @twentytwenty... you said "living legend" so i had to!

re: record sales - before the soundscan era (1991), sales were not certified. albums shipped were recorded. and then the RIAA and billboard had to rely on the record shops to literally call or write with their "estimates" on what people actually bought. which means albums sales records remain notoriously unreliable (read: guesswork) for classic rock bands prior to soundscan.

for me, personally, the dude digs creedence. and i abide the dude. but i have one of their greatest hits albums (chronicle volume one) and i find more than half of it boring, to be honest. "fortunate son" however, is a baller fucking track. i blast it every single fourth of july. just a fantastic anti-war tune, one of the best of all time, imo.

Fortunate Son is a great song! Fenix TX actually has a live cover of that song that is really good too.

6 hours ago, Jan's Plan said:

Queen = Green Day

Blink = Van Halen

Pretty simple stuff guys. And 'hits' can be a term for 'swing and a miss, or a hit' don't need to get all technical and bring up charts. Of course green day is more universally accepted which is also part of their lesser appeal than blink

What a delusional statement. Queen and Van Halen didn’t even coexist together like blink and Green Day

14 hours ago, daveyjones said:

No sure if serious 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Jan's Plan said:

Pretty simple stuff guys. And 'hits' can be a term for 'swing and a miss, or a hit' don't need to get all technical and bring up charts.

If you want to use a word in a way that is different than the way everyone else understands it, you should make that clear when you bring it up.