Cultural impact: Blink vs Green Day

theedge00

Cultural Impact  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which band made the bigger cultural impact?

• Blink
    • Green Day

26 minutes ago, Nasa said:

Which American bands do you like? (besides blink)

I’m not gonna name them all but Pearl Jam, Nirvana, REM, Beastie Boys, Ramones to name a few

and of course I love bands like the starting line, nfg, old fall out boy, the story so far

Hip Hop/Rap like NWA, Run dmc, lil skies, Juice Wrld, Post Malone, xxxtentacion

i probably listen to more American artists than British but it is close. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Scott. said:

I’m not gonna name them all but Pearl Jam, Nirvana, REM, Beastie Boys, Ramones to name a few

and of course I love bands like the starting line, nfg, old fall out boy, the story so far

Hip Hop/Rap like NWA, Run dmc, lil skies, Juice Wrld, Post Malone, xxxtentacion

i probably listen to more American artists than British but it is close. 

Lmfao you hate on Green Day but you like the starting line and fall out boy? Juice world and xxxtentacion who are both wack rappers. Son you are wack as hell!  Never gonna take anything you say seriously again

On 6/22/2020 at 2:20 AM, Jan's Plan said:

Pretty simple stuff guys. And 'hits' can be a term for 'swing and a miss, or a hit' don't need to get all technical and bring up charts.

A ‘hit’ never means a ‘swing and a miss’ though. That’s the opposite.

6 minutes ago, Jan's Plan said:

Exactly, blink doesn't have a lot of misses. Green Day has plenty of skips even during their heyday

we can talk about which band has more stinkers in their deep cuts, but in terms of actual HITS, green day dominates the board, globally. "hit" means chart-topping single, and green day has way, way more than blink.

1 hour ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Lmfao you hate on Green Day but you like the starting line and fall out boy? Juice world and xxxtentacion who are both wack rappers. Son you are wack as hell!  Never gonna take anything you say seriously again

Fall Out Boy had a few good songs off their first album, I remember 4 or 5.

Fall out boy’s first two albums are as good as anything blink have released. If you’d only take your cool dude elitist shades off you’d see. 

9 hours ago, Diddy Faplord said:

That’s fine. But to like fallout boy and starting line up but then trash Green Day is just ass backwards lol. The guy is confused. Silly Brit 

Still rattled I see. You’ll calm down soon. I like Greenday btw, just find them repetitive and don’t think they’re as good as Blink. Shock horror the blink fan on a blink forum doesn’t think Greenday are a better band.  

10 hours ago, daveyjones said:

i know, right. both those bands are dog food.

You think Untitled is a pile of shit. I don’t think anyone here should respect your opinions. Just because you used to dick ride Mark Hoppus you think you’re some punk elitist. You’re like 50 years old. If you’re still listening to shitty punk bands at that age there’s something wrong with you mentally. 

• Like 1
  • Crab 1

11 hours ago, Diddy Faplord said:

They’re not wack rappers though are they. Both considered legends in their genre you dumb cunt. Honestly insult me properly or don’t bother at all. Arguing with a yank is like talking to a fucking 13 year old you simple cunt 

Green Day should have a unique name for their genre. They are "primadonna punk" or "diva punk". Playing live shows with 10 musicians, wearing make up and black clothes is so punk. The band and their fans have spent 30 years telling me how punk they are. Well it seems that it worked, they sure have convinced a lot of people that they are the kings.

The members of blink used to be relatable to the average person, just goofy guys who play music. Green Day act like snobby British royalty. Billie Joe Gallagher thinks really highly of himself

3 hours ago, Scott. said:

Fall out boy’s first two albums are as good as anything blink have released. If you’d only take your cool dude elitist shades off you’d see. 

Still rattled I see. You’ll calm down soon. I like Greenday btw, just find them repetitive and don’t think they’re as good as Blink. Shock horror the blink fan on a blink forum doesn’t think Greenday are a better band.  

Na, FOB has never been as good as blink. It’s all good tho man we all have our own tastes . I just don’t see why you had to resort to name calling, but I’m sorry for calling names back. Cheers to having different opinions!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Green Day should have a unique name for their genre. They are "primadonna punk" or "diva punk". Playing live shows with 10 musicians, wearing make up and black clothes is so punk. The band and their fans have spent 30 years telling me how punk they are. Well it seems that it worked, they sure have convinced a lot of people that they are the kings.

The members of blink used to be relatable to the average person, just goofy guys who play music. Green Day act like snobby British royalty. Billie Joe Gallagher thinks really highly of himself

Aren’t they just playing with 3 extra touring members? Anyway they sound great live so I don’t really see why adding a few extra musicans should be considered a bad thing

why do you think they’re snobby?

41 minutes ago, Maddey said:

Aren’t they just playing with 3 extra touring members? Anyway they sound great live so I don’t really see why adding a few extra musicans should be considered a bad thing

why do you think they’re snobby?

Because people don't think it's "punk" enough to add a few touring members to fatten up the sound and sounding better in the process.

• Like 1