blink-182 Song Election - WORST SONG

yodda

It's not too late for Blame it on my Youth

the worst blink-182 song of all time is PARKING LOT!

1. Parking Lot
2. Blame It On My Youth
3. Remember To Forget Me
4. Misery
5. Happy Days
6. Wildfire
7. Don't Mean Anything
8. Out Of My Head
9. This Is Home
10. My Pet Sally
11. First Date
12. Don't
13. TV
14. I'm Lost Without You
15. Down
16. Don't Leave Me
17. Don't Tell Me It's Over
18. I Won't Be Home For Christmas
19. Fighting The Gravity
20. Strings
21. Zulu
22. Wendy Clear

It's pretty swell that all the Feldy songs were ranked the worst

This was fun! I'm honestly out of ideas for more elections and participation has been dwindling since I started the Angels and Airwaves ones
also I've been doing this for like a year solidly and am getting a little over it - if someone wants to take the reigns they can (PM me or something)

• Like 6
  • Crab 1

barely even viewed this thread but let me come to defend parking lot. it’s true: the feldmann era is woefully dishonest lyrically and manufactured sonically. but parking lot is unfairly maligned — people just expected something different after california and when it dropped they were unprepared. at any other time, it could be considered a fun track with memories of growing up (cliff diving appears to be its closest antecedent). it bursts from the speakers with energy, and i’ve always enjoyed the references to the metro, naked raygun, the violent femmes, and more. the “forgotten young suburbia” shit is stupid, but that’s the era we’re in.

by and large, it’s still an unnecessary, unambitious throwback. but the hate it receives — especially with such stinkers as WILDFIRE or IRWIHY around — is unwarranted IMO

also, first date is a classic and wendy clear is an all-timer

• Love 1
  • Wow 1

18 minutes ago, boxelder said:

barely even viewed this thread but let me come to defend parking lot. it’s true: the feldmann era is woefully dishonest lyrically and manufactured sonically. but parking lot is unfairly maligned — people just expected something different after california and when it dropped they were unprepared. at any other time, it could be considered a fun track with memories of growing up (cliff diving appears to be its closest antecedent). it bursts from the speakers with energy, and i’ve always enjoyed the references to the metro, naked raygun, the violent femmes, and more. the “forgotten young suburbia” shit is stupid, but that’s the era we’re in.

by and large, it’s still an unnecessary, unambitious throwback. but the hate it receives — especially with such stinkers as WILDFIRE or IRWIHY around — is unwarranted IMO

I can agree with a lot of this, but the problem is it went from just an unambitious shitty Feldmann track again to a complete dumpster fire REAL FAST.  Yes, the timing is everything with this one, it was the first track we heard off Deluxe after everyone was already on edge about the Feldmann control, and craving something more genuine, then they release the Target line, the suburbia chorus, and end with na na na finale just to top it all off was like one big massive troll.  

Getting past all that, I still can't come to listen to that song with the complete mess of everything, the drums are ridiculous and overbearing, the chorus and finale, and Mark's verse, are still a joke.  Sounds like a bunch of dads making a joke song in their garage. 

Agree on First Date and Wendy Clear though.

• Like 1

Wait people hate it because they expected no Feldman control? I assumed 100% it would sound similar to Calfornia, since it's on "California Deluxe". Even "Hey I'm Sorry" sounds like it could be on California which was supposedly supposed to be from different sessions, or something.

Parking Lot is a true banger, epic song. The lyrics suck and I usually hate that, but I like it here. There's so many fast catchy parts. 

Then you have awful songs like Wildfire. Total trash. The worst 3 blink songs are Wildfire, Up All Night, Cynical. Wildfore almost made it to the end, but a few deaf people enjoy the bass I guess. 

Edited by Feeling_This_1
  • Crab 1

11 hours ago, boxelder said:

First Date blows but Wendy Clear is awesome 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jan's Plan said:

I can agree with a lot of this, but the problem is it went from just an unambitious shitty Feldmann track again to a complete dumpster fire REAL FAST.  Yes, the timing is everything with this one, it was the first track we heard off Deluxe after everyone was already on edge about the Feldmann control, and craving something more genuine, then they release the Target line, the suburbia chorus, and end with na na na finale just to top it all off was like one big massive troll.  

Getting past all that, I still can't come to listen to that song with the complete mess of everything, the drums are ridiculous and overbearing, the chorus and finale, and Mark's verse, are still a joke.  Sounds like a bunch of dads making a joke song in their garage. 

Agree on First Date and Wendy Clear though.

Agreed with this, it'a a crap song and one of the worst but I wouldn't actually call it the worst. Instrumentally, it's decent but that song was released in the midst of everyone already hating on the Feldman stuff and that song epitomises everything about Feldman as a producer. Blink then went even lower with Wildfire & Don't Mean Anything but those were more expected.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, _Bagel said:

Glad Parking Lot came last, it’s shit.

How Wendy Clear ever got on this list I will never know, then again - how do you pick the weakest song on Enema, tough 

Easily, it's ATST, but people really don't like voting for singles it seems. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

55 minutes ago, Kay said:

Easily, it's ATST, but people really don't like voting for singles it seems. 

Sacrilege! No tbf I see what you're saying.  Blink fanbase and the band are all probably collectively tired of that tune. Objectively, it is a great pop song. I have fatigue when it comes to ATST, but I don't think it's weak

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

Sacrilege! No tbf I see what you're saying.  Blink fanbase and the band are all probably collectively tired of that tune. Objectively, it is a great pop song. I have fatigue when it comes to ATST, but I don't think it's weak

I always feel like I’m tired of ATST when I haven’t listened to it in a while and then I hear it again and immediately realise how good and fun and catchy it is.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

I always feel like I’m tired of ATST when I haven’t listened to it in a while and then I hear it again and immediately realise how good and fun and catchy it is.

I just went back and listened to it too. Once in a while yeah, you see it for what it is - catchy as fuck. What other band would call their girlfriend a windmill?