Dark theme available?

theedge00

Good question. Looks like this is something that's been requested for quite a while now on the Invision Community boards but no official word on this being built in to the default theme. I've found a custom theme which is just a dark mode of the current theme so I'll see if I can get that up and running.

Okay, I've uploaded the theme and it actually looks pretty good! I might even stick with it myself.

The downside of using a custom theme is that when there's an update to the board software itself it may cause issues with custom themes that require some sort of manual updating. Hopefully some time in the future a dark mode is built in to the default theme, but until then I'll do my best to keep this custom dark theme working properly.

• Like 1

Oh my God, the dark theme is amazing. this is the best. Thank you @Dean ! The only obvious issue I can see is the spoiler button is basically invisible because it's black but that's kind of funny considering... 

Thought that would be an easy fix but not so much, I'll take a proper look at it tomorrow. All the buttons on the editor look a little wacky so if I can fix them all up that'd be even better. Alternatively I can set just the editor to be the normal white theme, though it is a bit of a shock to the eyes.

13 hours ago, Kay said:

Oh my God, the dark theme is amazing. this is the best. Thank you @Dean ! The only obvious issue I can see is the spoiler button is basically invisible because it's black but that's kind of funny considering... 

Editor buttons are all fixed now! Let me know if you find anything else looking weird.

• Love 3

• 1 month later...