Jump to content
 
Burgersandcole

Me and my friends started a band and need help on blink songs with two guitars

Recommended Posts

Hi so me and my friends started a band my drummers been playing for two months my bassist for 5 months and i have been playing guitar for a year and my other guitarist for a year too, i was wondering what blink songs would be good to cover with two guitars we like Buddha cheshire cat and dude ranch 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Burgersandcole said:

Hi so me and my friends started a band my drummers been playing for two months my bassist for 5 months and i have been playing guitar for a year and my other guitarist for a year too, i was wondering what blink songs would be good to cover with two guitars we like Buddha cheshire cat and dude ranch 

I would start off with something slow, probably something like When I Come Around or Adam's Song. Your drummer isn't going to be able to keep up with most songs off of the earlier albums and I'd think the later albums would be too technical. That's not a diss on your drummer, we all started slow and clumsy, they'll get better in time but 2 months isn't nearly enough time to build the speed and stamina Scott or Travis have. As for you and the bassist, anything simple would be great ... Dammit is most fan's go to, so maybe that and at half time. It's gonna feel awkward and shitty at first but it'll do wonders to build your band's chemistry and skill. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More importantly though, have fun with it and keep your expectations in reality. Work on writing your own stuff so that you're keeping things in the realm of all of your capabilities. Good luck though, have a blast and let me know when/if your guys record something. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Burgersandcole said:

Hi so me and my friends started a band my drummers been playing for two months my bassist for 5 months and i have been playing guitar for a year and my other guitarist for a year too, i was wondering what blink songs would be good to cover with two guitars we like Buddha cheshire cat and dude ranch 

I'm not a drummer so I can't comment on his abilities but I think Speedos assessment that blink would be too difficult is true, what other bands do you all like? May help us suggest stuff! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kay said:

I'm not a drummer so I can't comment on his abilities but I think Speedos assessment that blink would be too difficult is true, what other bands do you all like? May help us suggest stuff! 

Pretty normal 90s punk shit operation ivy, rancid, pennywise , screeching weasel, green day, descendants, ramones I also like the story so far some of those arent from the 90s but you get the gist also do you have any tips on singing cause ive been trying to practice singing and playing touchdown boy and it’s super fucking hard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Speedo said:

More importantly though, have fun with it and keep your expectations in reality. Work on writing your own stuff so that you're keeping things in the realm of all of your capabilities. Good luck though, have a blast and let me know when/if your guys record something. 

Ok cool ima try dammit on tuesday and report back we wanted to like work on covers so we can just get the gist of playing together first then start writing stuff the songs we’re covering look like this it would just be me and the bassist rn then when the drummer gets a little better he can hop in 

Carousel 
International cover up 
Chick magnet 
Dammit 
I wanna be sedated 
Mutt 
Touchdown boy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Burgersandcole said:

Pretty normal 90s punk shit operation ivy, rancid, pennywise , screeching weasel, green day, descendants, ramones I also like the story so far some of those arent from the 90s but you get the gist also do you have any tips on singing cause ive been trying to practice singing and playing touchdown boy and it’s super fucking hard

I think for practising singing and playing all together punk may be a difficult place to start purely down to speed, For solo practise I'd pick something much slower with simple chords, and I'd get comfortable with the rhythm pattern before you try singing to it. Find a slower song that you think is simple enough to play, practise the guitar part religiously first, and then try practising it with singing. Get the basic elements sussed first before putting it all together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...