Five Years of Skiba

Champ182

In the beginning skiba made the live performances seem good after toms butchering of every song.

I then went to 2 California shows in england, the first was standing, was completely bored of the non banter and the rushing of songs to complete the set, then sat down with my gf to watch the 2nd show, was better not having beers and piss thrown at me in the standing section, but the whole what made blink fun was the banter and fast guitars, now its so robotic and boring...theres just no chemistry between mark and Matt like there would with tom.

Apart from the live stuff tho, the music wasnt amazing but i enjoyed it, was so good having new blink music after all that shit with tom, i think people forget quite alot how shit it was, in 5 years we have had 3 albums and a xmas song, tom could barely hack out an album, then wanted some cash so did dogs eating dogs..

If you dont like new blink then i dont blame you but there is alot of fans that do like the music and blink is alot more relevant today than what they would of been if tom would of stayed in the band, i genuinely think the casual fan barely knew neighbourhood's came out compared to when blink promoted California and bored to death.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2020 at 10:46 PM, Cheerios4u98 said:

Zero of the problems I have with current blink have anything to do with Matt

This is the truth.  Any of the crying (IF you have beef with this era, I don't) should be directed at producers, Feldmann etc, because Matt does nothing but kick ass and he made them a good live band again.

And yes, he messed up some guitar parts.  Before you type that, go check out one of the million vids of Tom absolutely massacring guitar parts he wrote himself or ruining lyrics to songs just because he's bored of them or whatever his stupid excuse is. 

• Like 5

I love Matt, Big Alk3 fan, I was as happy as a kid with a new toy when he joined blink. Even though i like some songs on Cali I II and NiNE, It doesnt feel they are working at their best, we know they can do better. I would like ti hear a record with just the 3 of them giving their best. Even Travis doesnt feel as legendary on most new songs.

I can't complain about the non banter either, since Tom hasn't done real banter since like 2002. He just says fake phony poo poo jokes and pretends to like Mark and Travis.

For a guy who quit twice to be with his family, it sure didn't work. His wife left him anyway and now he works more per week doing aliens and Ava etc.

I like Skiba in blink, I really like his voice, it works well with Mark's.  However, seeing that Tom is sure he'll join back up with blink at some point now, and everyone seemingly to be pretty cool with each other, it does seem like Tom being back in blink at some point here is an inevitability.  And it's certainly not a future I want to avoid.  But I do hope that should that day come that they try and make it work as a 4 piece unit, blink could use a rhythm guitarist in Skiba, and I'd love to hear songs that could now make use of all 3 voices and any combination of the the 3.  At least give it a trial, that's pretty much what Green Day did with Jason White, making him the official 4th member for a few years before being dropped from that position (though still around as I understand it), hopefully a blink release in a 4 unit structure would be better than that trilogy though.

33 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I want Tom to come back but I want more blink with Matt first. I'd like another couple albums with him at least. We haven't seen Matt's full potential in blink yet.

I don't want tom anywhere near those uninspired cunts

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I want Tom to come back but I want more blink with Matt first. I'd like another couple albums with him at least. We haven't seen Matt's full potential in blink yet.

We've had 3 albums worth of material and they've still barely let him touch it, I don't see what more albums would really do, he seems even less involved now.

• Like 1
  • Love 1