Five Years of Skiba

Champ182

29 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

It was purely a legacy award to acknowledge blink for all their past work and the fact they never got one when they were at their peak. 

So in your conspiracy, the nominators sat at a big table and said “Who was really good in 1999 that never got awarded and had a very bad album this year we could nominate to help their #legacy?” 

3 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

So in your conspiracy, the nominators sat at a big table and said “Who was really good in 1999 that never got awarded and had a very bad album this year we could nominate to help their #legacy?” 

It's more like the record label says "we need to push this band so give them a nomination and here's some money for your trouble."

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

The fact this grammy nomination means so much to you is really cute, I won't destroy your fantasy world with anymore truth bombs - enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Grammy Awards work completely different to the Academy Awards (which is based a lot more on merit but sometimes they just nominate a pretentious independent movie for the sake of it). You won't ever really hear of an independent record that is amazing but barely sold any records at the Grammy Awards. Just look at the other categories. It's all whatever is popular and like the above post there is barely any competition.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2020 at 2:33 PM, epitaphellcat said:

chainsmokers (or their live performance at the forum in la)
-the used songs that only featured mark/travis seperately.
-goody grace (video and jimmy kimmel)
-xxxtentacion collab
-powfu remix
-oliver tree (song and artwork)

quarantine...will keep this going...

• Like 1

I think blink has always made clear from their comments that the songwriting process basically consists of Mark writing with Feldy or the other producers and songwriters around some ideas or drumbeats, and Skiba would come in for his parts.  Mark even said so in the podcast with Jim Adkins. He didn't say Skiba comes in for his parts but he talked a lot about how he writes with Feldy and the others and did not mention Matt.

So maybe Matt just isn't involved in songs or collaborations when he's not needed. It's a strange thing, I know, but I guess it makes sense? Today they should release a video of Quarantine so we'll see if Matt is in the video or not. Needless to say I expect him to be at least in the video. 

Has anyone seen his Instagram post from the other day when he pulled a pair of panties out of his mouth? I'm always worried when he posts 10+ stuffs all together on Instagram at late night. I hope he's fine and the lockdown didn't take a hit on his mental health.  

• Like 1

I definitely feel his contributions to blink are more in the lyrical/melody sphere as opposed to guitar work. At this point I don't know how else to take it, other than he stepped in and saved their ass - for which they are grateful and don't want to bother him on every single collab. Save his time for albums and tours.

I don't expect him to be in the video today, and that's a bit odd. I said even from their first collab without him - at least put him up there to play air guitar.  If not, it's just more dumb comments and speculation they all have to deal with on social media when it's easily avoidable. I truly feel for Matt and hope this type of thing doesn't bother him, that's what bugs me at the end of the day on all of this. Hopefully he's cool with whatever agreement is going on, for all we know he could've asked for this?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

I definitely feel his contributions to blink are more in the lyrical/melody sphere as opposed to guitar work. At this point I don't know how else to take it, other than he stepped in and saved their ass - for which they are grateful and don't want to bother him on every single collab. Save his time for albums and tours.

I don't expect him to be in the video today, and that's a bit odd. I said even from their first collab without him - at least put him up there to play air guitar.  If not, it's just more dumb comments and speculation they all have to deal with on social media when it's easily avoidable. I truly feel for Matt and hope this type of thing doesn't bother him, that's what bugs me at the end of the day on all of this. Hopefully he's cool with whatever agreement is going on, for all we know he could've asked for this?

Yeah, definitely. That's why you would always see him in pictures with his notebooks, writing stuffs down. But how can you release a blink-182 video of a blink-182 song without Matt in it? He should be in today's video, even if he didn't have anything to do with Quarantine. I understand when it's collaborations, but it's crazy if he's not in this video.

I guess we should just wait and see though. It'll be out in a few hours and having him in the video would be the right thing to do, I don't care if he didn't contribute to the song.

• Like 2

i truly don’t mean to be insensitive, and he’s an odd guy anyway, but some of his insta posts are pretty bizarre. it makes me wonder if there’s other stuff going on. we know he’s had issues with substance abuse. he was sober for a while, but mark confirmed last year that he wasn’t any longer.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2020 at 7:53 AM, ...Dan... said:

Surely no one here actually thinks that California was nominated for its musical merits as a standalone album?

It was purely a legacy award to acknowledge blink for all their past work and the fact they never got one when they were at their peak. 

Anyone with half a brain can see that.

Nah, California is a kick ass album. Some of their best work for sure

2 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I would be fine if Mark and Travis moved on without Skiba. He helped save the band, played his role great, but it may be coming time to part ways.

That might be the case. I just hope that, if they move on without skiba, they part on good terms.

Also i hope tom does not rejoin

• Like 3

Just now, Neal said:

That might be the case. I just hope that, if they move on without skiba, they part on good terms.

Also i hope tom does not rejoin

I'm right here with you 110%.  Tom re-joining is my nightmare because he WILL stymie and fuck the band up again. 

• Like 3