Five Years of Skiba

Champ182

1 minute ago, wannabe corn dog said:

skiba's instagram post about the song ends with "sincerely, the management" which is leading commenters to believe he's only posting about it out of obligation or he's being passive aggressive

Was wondering why some were complaining about that, but doesn’t he already do that? I swear I’ve seen him do it before and he types random shit all the time with all those hashtags lol.

36 minutes ago, jlx9 said:

Was wondering why some were complaining about that, but doesn’t he already do that? I swear I’ve seen him do it before and he types random shit all the time with all those hashtags lol.

It’s just Matt’s humour. Some people won’t get it but that’s fine. He’s just having a laugh. It doesn’t seem like there’s that many people bothered by it anyway. 

• Like 2

The crazy thing is that I remember him saying in an track- by-track interview for Cali that joining blink was a beginning of a new chapter after he was going through some tough shit. (Believe he was referering to his divorce and My Shame Is True by AK3), but from the looks of it he seems to be even worse now. I mean you should never conclude to much judgning by peoples look, but even though his style has always been a little "out-there" I think the scenes now are surpassing it. He's been playing in a smaller band for the majority of his career -  if something is wrong I think its the extreme fous on him that has gotten to his head being in a much bigger band like blink. I just hope everyone has got the balls to say "were done" if that is really the problem.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jlx9 said:

Don’t mean to be a conspiracy theorist, but to add the conversation Matt just looks so off compared to Mark and Travis. I know the interviewers could give less of a shit so he’s probably bored but he isn’t this fidgety in interviews. I was worried when I saw that iHeartRadio show because he looked like he gained a large amount of weight in a very short time, so I assumed it was due to alcohol possibly. I looked through some pictures of him during the Enema tour and he wasn’t as skinny as he was around 2018 but he didn’t look completely bloated as he did at the iHeartRadio show. With everyone’s vocal tracks (including Tom’s) coming through the mix I just thought the whole show was off. He looks a better face-wise in a that weird pantie video he posted the other day but some people speculated that Matt posted something saying he was “drunken and heartbroken” but I can’t find anything. I’m genuinely worried for him if that’s the case.

Man i miss when Mark is answering a question and Tom chimes in with a bad joke or vice versa. These interviews seem like they are bored and want to finish it asap

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

He’s just a night owl odd duck and most blink fans don’t understand him nor his humor.

I know some blink fans expected Matt to somewhat emulate a personality similar to Tom and/or the rest of the band when he joined but anyone who is an actual fan of Matt knows he’s a complete weirdo, so his IG posts aren’t concerning at all (unless there’s actual evidence that would be). However, regarding his last public appearance along with info of him not being entirely sober anymore, it’s a bit concerning. Can’t say what he’s up to now to have everybody freaking out about his well-being on his IG before the whole “Matt wasn’t on this” news broke out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Mark said the exact same thing about himself (he’s been posting pix of White Claws), Matt has said he’ll have wine on occasion. We’re not talking black tar heroin. 

I think when off tour it severely effects his cardio (he runs the stadium before shows, and of course shows themselves are a workout), he’s also had knee issues and was using a cane at his art show. He’s just a night owl odd duck and most blink fans don’t understand him nor his humor.

Actually, Matt fans know when he's more erratic on socials it's usually a bad sign, that's kind of the point. He's weird yes, but he's been a bit more than weird than he normally is recently. 

• Like 4

i follow him on insta and just assumed he has mental health issues (not in the way we assume tom does). i have friends who act similarly on social media when they're off their meds. when he starts channeling crispin glover, you know something's up. 

i also don't know him at all and am not a medical professional so idk. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

i follow him on insta and just assumed he has mental health issues (not in the way we assume tom does). i have friends who act similarly on social media when they're off their meds. when he starts channeling crispin glover, you know something's up. 

i also don't know him at all and am not a medical professional so idk. 

I have a friend from my hometown who is a huge alkaline trio fan, he knows a lot about erratic behaviours and he always tells me he's worried that Skiba is on drugs or he's having some mental health issues when he acts erratic on Instagram or posts stuffs one after the other in the middle of the night.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/8/2020 at 12:45 AM, jlx9 said:

Don’t mean to be a conspiracy theorist, but to add the conversation Matt just looks so off compared to Mark and Travis. I know the interviewers could give less of a shit so he’s probably bored but he isn’t this fidgety in interviews. I was worried when I saw that iHeartRadio show because he looked like he gained a large amount of weight in a very short time, so I assumed it was due to alcohol possibly. I looked through some pictures of him during the Enema tour and he wasn’t as skinny as he was around 2018 but he didn’t look completely bloated as he did at the iHeartRadio show. With everyone’s vocal tracks (including Tom’s) coming through the mix I just thought the whole show was off. He looks a better face-wise in a that weird pantie video he posted the other day but some people speculated that Matt posted something saying he was “drunken and heartbroken” but I can’t find anything. I’m genuinely worried for him if that’s the case.

well, I suppose this is originally by @jlx9 ...

I watched that yesterday, and while I don't know Skiba or how he usually is, as an outside perspective, he didn't seem off to me (here anyway). I mean, maybe a tad overenthused smiling at the beginning, but that could have also just meant interest. Obviously, he doesn't say a word (or get a chance to. I blame the interviewer), but I just guess that's how it is?? It really is sad to see the missing Mark+Tom dynamic of the earlier days though. I mean, but even Tom was kinda left out in some of the later interviews (or at least one.)

edit: oh wait! I only watched the first one. is he even more "weird" in the second?? i dunno

7 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

Strange how all the people who were calling out Tom for having mental health issues (without any real founding) going quiet about any potential mental health issues with Skiba? 

While I’m 99% sure I never commented on Tom’s mental health I feel the difference here to me atleast is that the majority of people here have followed Tom for 20+ years, knew his personality pretty well and then saw this sudden shift in his personality, mannerisms and just general behaviour which only appeared to get worse and worse as time went on. People are of course going to notice this and comment on it.

Whereas with Matt for the 5 years he has been on peoples radar this behaviour has been more or less the norm. There has been plenty of times where he’s gone on these late night Instagram posting streaks. I’m not saying it’s healthy or anything but it’s pretty “normal” behaviour for him so people aren’t as likely to comment on it.

I also don’t really see how any comments on Matt’s mental health have any real founding if the ones about Tom don’t. Both are based on social media behaviour,  behaviour in interviews and not much else. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

While I’m 99% sure I never commented on Tom’s mental health I feel the difference here to me atleast is that the majority of people here have followed Tom for 20+ years, knew his personality pretty well and then saw this sudden shift in his personality, mannerisms and just general behaviour which only appeared to get worse and worse as time went on. People are of course going to notice this and comment on it.

Whereas with Matt for the 5 years he has been on peoples radar this behaviour has been more or less the norm. There has been plenty of times where he’s gone on these late night Instagram posting streaks. I’m not saying it’s healthy or anything but it’s pretty “normal” behaviour for him so people aren’t as likely to comment on it.

I also don’t really see how any comments on Matt’s mental health have any real founding if the ones about Tom don’t. Both are based on social media behaviour,  behaviour in interviews and not much else. 

Matt has only been on people's radar for five years? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

I completely agree with all of this.

Was just pointing out the hypocrisy that certain people on here jump on Tom for being mentally ill at any opportunity and yet when Matt has unusual behaviour it's radio silence.

I am fully of the opinion that mental health should never be used as a stick to beat someone with, just found it interesting the attitude shift from certain posters here on the subject.   

• Like 1

On 8/8/2020 at 7:49 AM, Ry-Bread said:

Mark said the exact same thing about himself (he’s been posting pix of White Claws), Matt has said he’ll have wine on occasion. We’re not talking black tar heroin.

Haha I enjoy drinking and I support anybody's right to drink and have fun and do whatever they want, as long as they don't feel out of control with it. I don't know much about Skiba but I remember that some people have at least been under the impression that he had substance abuse issues that caused him to intentionally get sober at some point, so the worry is that he is having relapses or something. With Mark or anyone who doesn't have those issues of course White Claws or wine or whatever they want is totally fine and not a reason for concern. But if he WANTS to be sober, and isn't, that's sad and worrying. And the twitchy/out of it behavior doesn't seem as much like alcohol to my untrained eye. I just hope he's doing fine.

On 8/8/2020 at 7:16 AM, boxelder said:

forgot about those vids. just sad to see... i've never seen someone MORE on drugs. that wasn't even what i was referring to -- i was recalling the upset magazine article from last summer: "matt's not entirely sober"

GFWMFd5.jpg

Talk about some thin evidence for accusing a guy to be on massive amounts of drugs.  He is a weirdo, always has been, always will be. 

Marilyn Manson was sleeping over at his house for awhile before he joined blink. 

You guys are going from 0 to coke addiction so fast you can't even get your fan-fic boners out of your pants.

5 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Talk about some thin evidence for accusing a guy to be on massive amounts of drugs.  He is a weirdo, always has been, always will be. 

Marilyn Manson was sleeping over at his house for awhile before he joined blink. 

You guys are going from 0 to coke addiction so fast you can't even get your fan-fic boners out of your pants.

This may be the first and only time "Marilyn Manson was sleeping over at his house for awhile" has been used as a reason that someone DOESN'T have a coke addiction haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 6